aberdeen-music

Alternative to Converse?

I usually buy trainers from the Schuh website. They've got some cheap deals in their sale section and do free delivery (to your local store for collection). Try having a scan there for alternatives.

Last 2 pairs of trainers I've bought have only cost me 20 from there and have lasted ages.

I seem to be going through Converse All Stars at a rate of a pair every 6 months, so I was wondering iif people had suggestions for a similar sort of trainer that would hopefully have a longer lifespan. And hopefully not something ridiculously expensive either... :)

why would you want a sort of similar sort of trainer to chucks?

sometimes i wonder if the world has gone crazy and noticed that there's more to life than converse if you want to say: "I am different".

Lonsdales from sports world: Very cheap and have lasted me for a good bit.

Fully.

I normally go for the Airwalks at Sports World - they always serve me well. Normally about 20. I've still got a pair of Vison Street wears that are about 2 years old from Sports World that were 15 quid. It's worth battling through the stramash in Sports World to pick up a cheap pair of trainers.

Guest Neutral

I buy work shoes, boots from the shoe shop beside vue or the shop beside the moorings

All leisure shoes and trainers bought from sainsburys, asda or tesco at no more than 10 per pair, asda has some nice looking, extremely comfortable converse(clones?)

Go through about 2 pairs of shoes a year if that

Guest Steven Dedalus
Underground are basically the same as converse but in more interesting colours/fabrics. One Up have some on sale, probably trying to clear stock or something but they're only 15 or so.

Those trainers aren't bad. I got a pair when I was still working there, and unlike every other pair of shoes I own, they are still in one peice.

Unfortunatley, I never wear them, cos the ones I bought look rubbish.

Natterjacks > VANS WANK SK8 HI BLACK RED

Ozzy is the ultimate rock pioneer who has shocked and rocked fans all over the world with Black Sabbath. His wank for peace design has already given 1000s of young boys the excuse to spend more time with their pants around their ankles. 10% from each pair sold will go to a charity nominated by Ozzy himself. Get yours now, before they're all gone.

Natterjacks > VANS WANK SK8 HI BLACK RED

Ozzy is the ultimate rock pioneer who has shocked and rocked fans all over the world with Black Sabbath. His wank for peace design has already given 1000s of young boys the excuse to spend more time with their pants around their ankles. 10% from each pair sold will go to a charity nominated by Ozzy himself. Get yours now, before they're all gone.

I have a pair of these in a Bad Religion styling and they're my favourite shoes and have lasted 9 months of permanent use. I'm sure you can get them without any tat on them or commission a Panda Eyes version....

I would do, but most Vans nowadays look like moon boots.

I saw some sexy non-moonbootish vans last time I looked in Dallas and you know they last for years. Get Azarhi or Jen or someone to send some over for you.

Whats the deal with allstars these days? every squeener wears them and every advert aimed at the youth/hitting middle age market has the corporate hipster wearing them, usually with a few quick close ups of the shoes that tells me 'I'm a cool bastard but the guy in this ad is a cooler bastard, buy this car he drives and you'll be like him one day'.

t k max have good cheap trainers

thats where i buy my skate style trainers from,

but why they gotta be like converse?

in all honestly why dont you go to the shop and try on a few pairs of trainers and see what fits best and whats the comfiest,

i bought a pair of converse once, i fucking hated them, felt like you were hitting the ground with your bare feet really hard, also they are shit in the rain feet get wet and cold, i dont think they are a good trainer