aberdeen-music

Amiga emulators

Guest Steven Dedalus

Guest Steven Dedalus

Right, do any of you know anything about emulators?

I want to download Amiga games onto my PC, and I know this is possible, but I don't know how to do it. I don't know how emulators work, and when I go to the FAQ pages, it generally looks like this:

How do I work an emulator?

hfsfkdhgkjdhgkdhgjdfkgdhfkg

sfhkjsfhjdhskfhjskhfsdhgk

fsdjfkshgjsghkhfdkhdkfghdk

So can anyone tell me what to do? I really wanna play some classic Amiga games.

The irony is: I still have my Amiga 500, and it is in perfect working order, but I can't be arsed going to my parent's house to pick it up, even though they only live 30 miles away.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I'm still a bit unsure of how to use them. I've come accross WINUAE, but I don't know how to work it.

Also, can I just use my old Kickstart disk from the Amiga?

Answer: no i can't, cos I don't have a disk drive.

Guest Steven Dedalus
My brother setup that stuff on my PC and i might still have the files, can have a look if you want?

Please do! I have to find something to fill my otherwise pointless existance!

(other than spending my one day off work posting on here all day)

Download SCUMMVM (do a google search) off the net if you want to play old "point & click" games

.... i.e monkey island, beneath a steel sky, broken sword, simon the sorcerer....

once you have the SCUMMVM program its just a case of downloading the games themselves from a torrent web-site.

dunno if this will help you out any, its just what i used to reminisce in monkey island.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I'll try this, but I'm still at a loose end for how to do this. I should point out that I know next to nothing about computers.

In an ideal world, someone would do this for me, or at least provide a step by step guide that I could follow to bring me to a world where I could could sit on my backside all week, playing Batman, Walker, Syndicate, Flashback, etc.

walker and syndicate were amazing games.

syndicate was awesome, i never had an amiga but the pc version was cool, the other game that sums up that period for me was XCOM: ufo enemy unknown, and obviously cannon fodder and sensi soccer, wahey, retro game nostalgia thread starts here

I just got winuae so I could run some of the classic miggy demos and dump them to video for VJ'ing fun.

sensi soccer

You can't have properly experienced sensi or swos unless it was on an amiga with a clicky joystick (preferably a zipstick).

Other classics not mentioned yet Turrican 2, Dune 2, Wings (spent so much time bombing trenches and trying to kill the red baron), silkworm, alien breed, champ manager italia and countless others.

Please do! I have to find something to fill my otherwise pointless existance!

(other than spending my one day off work posting on here all day)

Found the files, PM your email if you still want them.

From what i can remember you run WinUAE, load the kickstart stuff in the ROM bit and go to quick start and load your game? Had a quick try and it seemed to work.

syndicate was awesome, i never had an amiga but the pc version was cool, the other game that sums up that period for me was XCOM: ufo enemy unknown, and obviously cannon fodder and sensi soccer, wahey, retro game nostalgia thread starts here

I just got winuae so I could run some of the classic miggy demos and dump them to video for VJ'ing fun.

sensible world of soccer is being released on xbox live arcade in the next week or so. woohoo! hopefully cannon fodder will be coming sometime soon as well, though that's wishful thinking really.

xcom wsa pretty cool, though if i remember rightly it was hard as hell.

monkeys island 1 and 2 (all 12 disks of each), Beneath a Steal Sky, Sensi, Cannon Fodder, Master Blaster, WizKID!!!, all the Dizzys...the amount of hours i spent glued to the Amiga is scary.

i dont think ive ever bonded as much with my dad as i have when we completed The Secret of Monkey Island together.

thinking about this...how much did DeluxePaint kick Microsoft Paints arse as far as free painting programmes go. "Workbench" in general was actually a helluva easier and efficient to use than Windows as well now i think about it, for a 7-12 year old such as myself at least.

i wish Amiga managed to become what PCs have. fucking Mircrosoft.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Found the files, PM your email if you still want them.

From what i can remember you run WinUAE, load the kickstart stuff in the ROM bit and go to quick start and load your game? Had a quick try and it seemed to work.

Ahhh! I just noticed that I had a PM, and been there for a while now.....

I shall sort all that out this evening, thanks!

Top Amiga games:

1. Moonstone

2. Syndicate

3. Batman the Movie

4. First Samurai

5. Alien Breed

6. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

7. Dreamweb

8. SWIV

9. Robocop 3

10. Shadow Worlds

Some of those games were actually a bit guff, but I really enjoyed them.

Ahhh! I just noticed that I had a PM, and been there for a while now.....

I shall sort all that out this evening, thanks!

Top Amiga games:

1. Moonstone

2. Syndicate

3. Batman the Movie

4. First Samurai

5. Alien Breed

6. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

7. Dreamweb

8. SWIV

9. Robocop 3

10. Shadow Worlds

Some of those games were actually a bit guff, but I really enjoyed them.

i'll throw a few others in the mix there as well:

chaos engine

r-type

populous

lemmings

leander

pirates

archer mclean pool

mega lo mania

soccer kid

bip

ik+

body blows(one of the best beat em ups ever)

rainbow island

bubble bobble

new zealand story

another world

settlers

i'll stop there. one day i'll buy a working amiga and fish out all our games from our parents loft.

Guest Steven Dedalus
i'll throw a few others in the mix there as well:

chaos engine

populous

lemmings

new zealand story

another world

i'll stop there. one day i'll buy a working amiga and fish out all our games from our parents loft.

I'll give you those ones anyway.....

Like I said earlier, I still have one in perfect working order, but the reason I'm trying to investigate this is for all the games I could never get hold of when they were still available. In particular "Walker" and "Flashback". I always wanted those games, but could never seem to track them down....

Guest Steven Dedalus

Speedball 2 was great, but I was always frustrated by the fact that the first league was pretty easy, but the second was damn near impossible! (well, at least that's how I found it anyway....maybe I was just rubbish....)