aberdeen-music

i think

fatboy

oh, and also Jim O'Rouke acoustic!

i have a battered cassette i taped off a record. it had a sort of mirrorball-ish cover. but it wasn't actually a mirrorball, if you see what i mean. that's all i know, but it's 40 minutes long and contains 4 largely acoustic songs. fuckin ace.

beware the freaky uptempo accordian kicking in right at the end as you're falling to blissfull sleep, mind.

I've no idea; I'm not sure what the spectrum is.. It tries to hit the emotions, yet repeatedly conveys just the one: gushy, romantic self-importance.

I was referring to the music commonly associated with those who seek "emotional and enlightening" journeys. Apologies, should have expanded on that.

What the hell, another recommendation. If strange, ambient, and mildly depressing (all depending on mood of course) music is something you wish to hear, get hold of 1000% Downer by Ginnungagap. If you do not succumb to the melancholy of the dreary "vocals" and the sparse guitar work of Reasonably Miserable, then ye shall be rewarded. An excellent track to listen to while unwinding during and after a peak, although not one for those who are not accustomed to such a still of music. Could I have attempted to sell it any more?!

Be as well mention In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson as well, especially for the title track.

I disagree. I think it tries far too hard to be exactly the sort of thing people seeking emotional or enlightening journeys would enjoy. I find the whole thing really cringeworthy now; it's impossible to listen without thinking yourself pretty big and clever.

i agree, boards of canada have always been a bit naff and i only rate a couple of their tracks as being any good, mostly because of the interesting approach to the percussion, but on the whole it's tedious and quite bland.