aberdeen-music

i think

fatboy

Guest Steven Dedalus
I LOVE what I've heard off Caribou's new album. I think i might treat myself to that when I get paid.

I don't know if it's going to be on the single or whatever, but on the promo of 'Melody Day' there is a brilliant remix by Fourtet.

Check it schmoot!

Elaborations of Carbon by Yob always set me well for an evening filled with wondering why the ceiling is moving, and if those eyes I can see are really there. That or A Sun That Never Sets by Neurosis. Failing that, Boards of Canada's Geogaddi is brilliant for that eerie ambient effect.

Still, all depends on taste, I guess.

Failing that, Boards of Canada's Geogaddi is brilliant for that eerie ambient effect.

I disagree. I think it tries far too hard to be exactly the sort of thing people seeking emotional or enlightening journeys would enjoy. I find the whole thing really cringeworthy now; it's impossible to listen without thinking yourself pretty big and clever.

I disagree. I think it tries far too hard to be exactly the sort of thing people seeking emotional or enlightening journeys would enjoy. I find the whole thing really cringeworthy now; it's impossible to listen without thinking yourself pretty big and clever.

Would it not be true to say that that opinion can be attributed to many albums with many albums within that particular spectrum of music though?

While I take your point, I made the recommendation on the basis that I've found myself drifting off while listening to it rather easily. That said... that's usually after four or five rather large ones. :laughing:

Oh, and as another recommendation, yae cannae beat a bit of Masters Of Brutality by Church Of Misery.