aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Legacy Metal

J

I'm not a fan of that sort of metal vocal, especially when I can't make out what is being said. It can be done well I suppose but not here I feel. This destracts from what could possibly be bearable enough music in the background. You should probably get a more balanced recording, it doesn't have to be special or expensive even just mic up a practice room. Done that before and got something reasonable to listen back to and see where songs could improve. Most of the time when you have a recording of something you've created your brain fill in the gaps in shitty recordings or if you have played badly. I don't know what it's supposed to sound like from what you have put up.

What do you think of it and where is it going musically?

Why?

I happen to have one as well, not sure why mind you, I think someone invited me and I haven't been back since but seemingly popular with the youngsters I am led to believe. Maybe I am not "metal" enough to understand! 8-)

I've just re-set up one. I'd say the player is much better than Myspace - you can add more tracks at higher quality so I don't see what the problem is other than the brand name.

sounds absolutely terrible to be fair. some of the playing is not bad, the singer completely ruins any chance of it being decent though i feel - comedy vocals really. i chuckled at the bit about your influences in your myspace profile, not sure why, just read like a bad Standard Grade music review.

Thank you mathew for that. I didn't write my influences there.. If you couldn't guess.

As far as recordings go we've got proper demo recordings of just the guitar tracks which sound really good however no bass etc..

As far as the singer goes, we originally had someone who could do a mid/low vox pretty well however he got booted and our guitarist had to sit in. He had only be rehearsing these kinda vocals 1month before the gig and was unable to develop this.

Alot of feedback we've had so far is good music, don't like that kinda vocals.

I guess its a matter of opinion however we have been looking at other options.

Thanks to those who have replied already. Much has been taken on board.

sounds absolutely terrible to be fair. some of the playing is not bad, the singer completely ruins any chance of it being decent though i feel - comedy vocals really. i chuckled at the bit about your influences in your myspace profile, not sure why, just read like a bad Standard Grade music review.

Instruments Are No Bad.. BUT the VOX put me off sorry Jonny :up:

didn't notice anything wrong with the vocals there's a hell of alot worse to be heard in aberdeen.

Thats my opinion on the matter. I mean Alexi has his bad days every now and then but Bodom are still huge!

I guess its just a matter of opinion here. Cheers for the feedback so far. Hopefully have some more soon :p

The music isn't really my cup of tea, but instrumentally it sounds good. Good guitar arrangements. I can just make those out in the recordings! I think its you're instrumental work that has the potential.

As other folk have pointed out, however, the vocals are the weakness. I've never really been a fan of the screaming-style stuff, however even from my point of view, the vocals could be greatly improved.

A better recording of the songs would, obviously do yourselves more justice, so i hope you can work towards that.

Hope that helped.

To start with the pre-song babble is unbearable.

From what I can hear the music is performed well enough, the guitarist and drummer sound like they can play.

On the down side, as a big metal fan, I don't like the songs, I just find them bland and generic, I've forgotten them all completely already and I can't take the vocals, maybe it as you say the singer had only been doing those kind of vocals for a month before, but it sounds sore.

Yeah i saw you guys at the lemon tree college gig, i liked the riffs and shit but wasn't so keen on the vocals, i think a lower gutteral vocal style would complememt you sound better.

Some proper recordings would great...i dont think these live recordings are doing you justice.

Good stuff though.