aberdeen-music

blues and/or rock band anyone?

scottyboy

i've noticed people have more success finding people if they're specific about the sound they're after so: anyone up for a blues and/or rock band?

potential blues band would hopefully have a modern approach, trying to mix in elements of rock, jazz, funk etc rather a purist approach. at the heart of it would be a classic sort of SRV/hendrix/three kings sound and trying to bring other elements in the vein of robben ford or scott henderson. these are maybe guitar-centric examples... any influences would be welcome.

potential rock band would hopefully be something in the vein of janes addiction, tool, soundgarden, maybe smashing pumpkins... atmospheric chord work, big riffs, fiery but tasteful solos (ooh controversial... im not budging on the solos though 8-) ) again this is guitar-wise... other influences welcome if they can vaguely fit in with the sound. note some odd-time stuff might be in order, although i can't really be arsed with 'shifting' time signatures (i.e changing it every other bar) so nothing too intricate will be needed.

im just kind of testing the water at the mo, won't be able to get anything moving for at least a week

this is slipping to the bottom of the page at an alarming rate o_O

nobody interested in some bluesy antics?

I have a blues band going at the moment but it's a bassist I need. If you're interested that is.

sadly i don't have any bass gear... nor have i even tocuhed a bass more than once or twice ever :down: good luck finding a bass player though, unfortunately they seem to be even rarer than drummers round these parts

Haha, you're telling me! Cheers anyway.

• 2 weeks later...