aberdeen-music

how can i burn dvds with menus and things?

bare in mind that i am really really stupid when it comes to computers. If I were to have downloaded any sort of film or tv show on to my computer which of course i have not done, is there any sort of program i can use to create menus and stuff to burn them to dvd? i haven't actually checked my dvd burning software yet but will do in a minute. i heard that there is some sort of program somewhere that means you can put a region when burning a dvd so that it can be played on a normal dvd player...... am i talking complete balls? i really dont know.

also, how can i watch things that are on my laptop through my tv? do i just need some sort of wire connection thing or do i need a tv card or something else. again, am i talking balls?

:popcorn:

Guest DustyDeviada

First question - depends on the type of file you are starting with, but ConvertxtoDVD will handle most stuff and is a good program.

2nd question - depends on the laptop you have and the telly you have. Pretty simple if you have an LCD telly, otherwise could be trick unless your laptop has a dedicated TV out.

nero vison is good for dvd authoring and will let you set up menus/chapters etc, bear in mind it does take a few hours of recoding though regardless of your software.

If your source video is NTSC (which it probably will be if you got it from some american site), you will run into problems because the discs will play back in black and white, so you'll need to go through quite a palaver to resample the audio and adjust the framerate of the video etc, so it ends up taking even longer. It can be a total nightmare basically unless you've got a PAL dvd ISO or something which is ideal...