aberdeen-music

Hacks / Mods

ZeromiserY

note for the moderators. I am not asking how these were done and have no intention of posting any directions for modifying any consoles or programs etc.

Just asking : does anyone have any cool mods or hacks at home?

from a hacked console to a modified videocamera?

even any handy tech tips.

eg, you can modify your bt home hubs settings (legally through logging into your bt broadband account online) to make your hub phone ring when your normal landline rings.

Well, mine requires a hard reset most days because either DNS resolution stops working or it won't make any new outbound connections - it's just rebranded speedtouch crap and this is actually quite a widespread problem...

I know, i've heard folks say that before but i've maybe only had to reset my home hub once in the past year.

I know, i've heard folks say that before but i've maybe only had to reset my home hub once in the past year.

I've only had mine a few months, different firmware version probably. I've poked around at it and discovered that if you try creating a lot of tcp connections in quick succession it will stop any new connections and needs to be reset. It does make me wonder if it's intentional, since it basically prevents portscanning and probably some p2p activities....bt already use traffic shaping so I wouldn't put it past them. Getting a new router fixes the problem anyway, but tbh I preferred my original "green frog" usb modem from 5 years ago plugged into a linux firewall...

I've had so many problems with my BT Home Hub. It's been a bit of a nightmare. The wireless internet just randomly cuts out a lot. Also get problems with the internet on the PC which it's connected upto by USB. Gotten so used to it these days that I don't even get annoyed by it anymore.