aberdeen-music

[GIG] Meursault + Kartta (revised) + No Pasaran @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is delighted to present it's second night to you:

Meursault

www.myspace.com/meursaulta701

"The shape of folk to come". Hailing from Edinburgh, Meursault are a three-piece who seek to blend processed beats and loops and beautiful electronics with elegantly treated guitar, ukelele, banjo, and bass. At times wistful; at times shimmering: this band will melt your heart and make you happy.

For fans of: Iron & Wine, The Notwist, Postal Service, Stereolab, Arab Strap, and pretty much anything on Morr Records!

Kartta

www.myspace.com/karttamusic

Local alt-pop noisemongers have recently lost their drummer! Boo! So for the purpose of this show, they've revised some of their songs and added some new ones. Just for you. It'll be much quieter. And probably much nicer! There will be three guitars (one with lots of slide), bass, glockenspiel, melodica, and dual vocals.

For fans of: Built To Spill, My Morning Jacket, Bedhead, and anything Mark Kozelek has been involved in.

No Pasaran

www.myspace.com/nopasaran1

Easily one of Aberdeen's finest collectives who write romantic songs for romantic people. Boasting one of the finest rhythm sections in this fair city, No Pasaran are delicate, playful, and sophisticated as fuck. Who said alt-folk music wasn't cool?

For fans of: Calexico, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Micah P. Hinson, Early REM, King Creosote, Jeff Buckley, Wilco.

"Who the hell needs reverb anyway?"

Guest idol_wild

Kartta have pulled out.

And have been replaced by Kitchen Cynics. Which obviously makes the bill 82746 times better.

Alan will have strings behind his beautiful and delicate echoed folk musings, which adds a fantastically haunting edge. If you've not seen the Cynics lately, you really need to.

Guest idol_wild

Thanks so much for the three fantastic acts who played blinding sets.

Also thanks to those who turned up; you were all very attentive and respectful during the quieter moments. It was always going to be interesting to see how a quieter showcase went down on a Friday night, but thumbs up! :up:

aye, twas quite the night indeed. all 3 acts were in fine fettle. no pasaran seem to be growing stronger all the time and the addition of droning fiddle to kitchen cynics sound worked really well with alan's loop shenanigans. meursault was just ace. hopefully neil will come back soon with the rest of the band.

good drinking action afterwards too. and a special mention should go to the well behaved crowd. attentive and appreciative, the way it should be at such gigs.

friday was a great night

first time id seen alan with beth - magic

and then the last act - amazing

honestly blew me away

whats the chances of getting a him for dhc?

spoke to him and he said hed be up for it if i went through one of you chaps (i.e dave, phil or rob)

id be well up for getting him up before the end of the year

maybe with alan supporting would be cool

alan in snafu when its all dark and mellow (before the club night people arrive and make noise) = my favourite band to watch in snafu

and i think that meursault would be good too in that environment

Guest idol_wild
and then the last act - amazing

honestly blew me away

whats the chances of getting a him for dhc?

spoke to him and he said hed be up for it if i went through one of you chaps (i.e dave, phil or rob)

Yes - he'd be very keen to come back. I'll get him up again before the end of the year also, but he said he'd be delighted to do a gig for you also.

Just give him a message via his space when you have a possible date for him. He loves gigging, and I think he'd go down very well at the DHC!