aberdeen-music

On the subject of degrees...

Mouse

got mine as a mature student so probably dont count! needless to say i havent used it for any of my three current jobs but the stuff i learnt on it had come in useful over the years. not sure if it was worth the whopping student loan i had to take out to gain it mind!

I tried out medicine for a bit a year after my degree. Spent that year working in the Children's hospital to get some decent experience (which it really was). Quit medicine after about 9 months for many reasons but after that spent at least a year and a half bumming around in shitty jobs - this gave loads of time for music. I have never seen this as wasted time, improved my playing individually and within groups, made some amazing friends and had a lot of fun. I also got my current, decent paying, job through contacts I made through music (did require my degree for this).

Good luck but don't worry. Just have fun

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This is a few years ago now, but after graduating I did some summer O/T at the shitty part-time job I had for a few months, to give the brain a rest. The first job I applied for I got, stuck it for over 5 years and recently switched jobs and now make decent money.

I graduated in July '06 and hadn't even bothered looking for a graduate position at the time as I wanted to take a year out. I stayed at my student job for a year, got into postgrad teaching in Sheffield and got offered a graduate position up here and decided to stay up here. My degree was in accountancy/finance and now I'm an trainee accountant. I think most people in my course found a job OK, but then it is very vocational and apparently the world always needs more accountants.:down:

] I think most people in my course found a job OK, but then it is very vocational and apparently the world always needs more accountants.:down:

Exactomundo - everyone I know who did vocational degress landed good jobs straight out of Uni.

It's just those of us who did wishy washy business degrees who seemed to take ages to get a good job :p

I spent 7 months working for 12k with Business Gateway after graduation, but got something decent after that. It's taken me a good 3 years though to really be earning good money.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DustyDeviada
but anyway, i think you are so luck if you find a job which related to your degree

i am still finding that and i don't think i found that at the moments.

Please tell me your degree is not in English.