aberdeen-music

Masters Degree

Noir

If you're doing this at Aberdeen, then ignore what I'm about to say.

At RGU, you don't actually go to Uni if you're doing an LLM in Oil and Gas Law because the whole course is taught on the Virtual Campus, so that you can actually be working in the industry and do the degree at home in your spare time. I don't know if thats any help, but if you're expected to be in full time employment as well, I doubt very much it's going to be time consuming or particularly hard. It also is only 4 modules, 2 of which you'll have already done if you studied Law at RGU. So then you only have 2 modules. And a year to do it. So not too much work.

Again, if it's Oil and Gas Law somewhere that isn't RGU, then fuck knows.

That's the PostGrad I planned on doing when I'm done, so I researched it.

I'm going back to uni to do a masters year, is it just like another 4th year or is it alot harder?

Depends very very very much on the subject - a friend of mine is only in uni for 2 weekends a month, but has 8 modules and a dissertation to write of 25,000 words within 30 weeks - and because of the nature of the course, all the planning/etc must be done within that time, you can't get a head start at all. Considering her 3rd year was only 6 modules plus 10,000, it's a massive jump. Some postgrad stuff won't be much harder though and may actually be easier in terms of tutor access and so on - but that probably depends very much on the uni in question.

It's worth noting that the funding situation is completely different, too.

• 2 weeks later...