aberdeen-music

If you won the Lottery....

The Sloth

I was just listening to Radio 1. Some lady from Glasgow just one 35 million and she went to get a manicure for the first time in her life...

It's a fairly obvious question but what would you do if you won a heap on the lottery?

Being someone who is not driven by material things, I'd like to think that I would give most of It away to improve someone elses life who needs it...although Id probably do some selfish things first, like build a studio.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Savant
I would hire a hitman to assainate me.

That could be fun!

I like to think that if I won that much I'd give the majority away to charities / people who need it, but I'd probably invest in a few supercars and a few houses too.

I'd drop 100 notes in a park, and just sit on a bench and watch people find them. I think that would be amusing.

If I won the lottery today I'd be very fucked up. I'd probably party myself to death very quickly, or at least go completely insane. Knowing myself quite well, it would all go to my head and I'd be an awful person.

But a rich one.

Pro's and con's, eh?

Buy a big assed mansion, hire dwarf waiters, fill the mansion with hookers, drugs, booze, caged lions. Buy a shit load of flash cars. Build a runaway, buy plane and pilot. Tell mates to quit their jobs and come live in the mansion. Travel alot.

I'd probably take my family out for a meal when i first win as well.

Buy a big assed mansion, hire dwarf waiters, fill the mansion with hookers, drugs, booze, caged lions. Buy a shit load of flash cars. Build a runaway, buy plane and pilot. Tell mates to quit their jobs and come live in the mansion. Travel alot.

I'd probably take my family out for a meal when i first win as well.

...and just squander the rest :laughing:

This thread just reminded me that I needed to put some more money on my National Lottery online account.

I play a Lucky Dip each Wednesday and Saturday, and get emailed if I win anything. Pretty handy, as I don't pay attention to the draws and always forget to put a ticket on. A couple of tenners, but nothing big yet.

Did you hear about the guy who got a big lotto win and wanted to buy a 50% stake in Leeds United??

He said "If i got 4 numbers I would've bought the whole club".

I'd buy my way into Parliament and raise legislation to stop minkers giving their kids stupid names: -

These are genuine, by the way...

Chardonnay

Shanna-Blu

Cheyenne Ikea

..and the latest from the evening express...

KayDee-J

Cunts.

What was the name of that ned's kid, whom they named after the Lisbon Lions?? Bet he'll grow up to be a brain surgeon :laughing:

There's a lot of Jade's about just now. At least 3 in each of my classes.

There's a lot of Jade's about just now. At least 3 in each of my classes.

Oooooh, that just makes me mad - name a kid after a fat, ugly, moron!!!!!

Anyway - off topic.

I'd buy my beloved Kilmarnock Football Club, give JJ a rise, buy back Boyd and keep Naisy on a bumper contract.

I'd also sign myself as a player (seeing as they let me go when I was a teenager :down:)

I'd buy my beloved Kilmarnock Football Club, give JJ a rise, buy back Boyd and keep Naisy on a bumper contract.

I wouldn't buy my club, as our owner is an absolute gent who has done so much already.

I would however offer to pay for a new stadium, more central in Inverness. Reward all the players who have been at the club for a number of years. Give money to the youth squads. We're already debt free and making profit, so there's no major point in changing anything drastically.

I'd also retire from my current job, and use my time to train with the team every day so I can make my long awaited comeback in football, to star in the Highland league :love:

Guest batterypowpow

I'd probably become very frightened and forget i had it for a while until i thought about what it meant.

Travelling would be the biggy, probably moving to a different country too. Money to immediate family members. And i'd get a Mac. And a load of CDs. And a bunch of organic vegetables and fruit.

Right.

Jimmer, Im going to fucking kick your head in tomorrow:up:

Anyway.

I would...

Give half of it to charity

For the rest I would...

Buy a McPherson acoustic guitar

Buy a 7 string Stephen Carpenter guitar which has been laquered with Devin Townsend's jizz

Have a massive house built in Florida

Give loads of money to my close family and friends (apart from Jimmer)

Build a recording studio in the Polynesian Microislands with a wine cellar and a seperate apartment for each of my band members apart from Jimmer.

Buy Chris Wilkie a 1000hp car.

Record an album with Devin Townsend

Purchase a small vinyard in France and actually try to make decent wine, not that watered down table-pish

I would buy a Leica with a 1.0 lens.