aberdeen-music

pedal mods

Lame Guitarist

now ready to go. Some examples of pedals i am doing are :-

DD-2, DD-3, DD-5 - 2 or 3 way toggle switch with a high frequency cut to give a smoother delay and a more analogue sound

SD-1 TS808 Mod, Brown Burr Chip Mod, Symmetrical clipping switch mod, Hi-Fi mods, Smooth Gain Mod, Clarity mods, Improved true bypass mod, Germanium transistor mod, Multi-Gain toggle switch mods.

DS-1 - Clarity mods, Hi-Fi mods, Multi-Gain Switch mods, Smoother Gain Mods, Rectifier Diode mods, Bass + Mids mod, Seeying Eye mod

TS-9 & TS-9 DX, True Bypass mods (Involves drilling in a new 3DPT Switch and disconnecting old one) Gain mods, Clarity mods, Texas chip mod, the famous brown mod, improved clean boost, presence mod.

CE-2 - One of the best ever chorus pedals out there, quite rare but i can source these occasionally. I change the power output so this pedal can be run on normal PSA style adaptors and not ACA. Also i give this pedal a complete component overhaul and upgrade components to enhance the sound. i can also double the rate of the chorus if needed.

Also the chip is replaced with a brown burr opamp.

Jim Dunlop Crybaby - I can do several mods for this pedal if required. True bypass, more vocal sounding and so on. Also i can fit a bright LED for when the wah is engaged.

I also mod OD-3's, MD-2's, MT-2's CS-3, CH-1 (Dependant on circuit board) and lots of other boss pedals, also marshall pedals amongst several other makes. just enquire with your needs. If you need a recommendation just see Jamie in Bruce Millers as he tried out some of these pedals at the weekend. i also may be able to repair pedals. All pedals are modded with top quality components

• 2 years later...

CE-2 Mods

I never thought i had a problem with the sound of my CE-2 , but it appears there are mods out there, my problem was the mains adaptor 9v input, i seem to have shorted it out.

Tried it with an RPW Boss micro rack power supply when they came out,)(back in the 80's) (had the CE-2 from new, bought back in 1980/81) -

THE UNIT RUNS FINE ON A BATTERY , WHICH IS HOW I HAVE BEEN USING IT.

I thought it's about time i put this pedal back on my pedal board, always liked it, just needs to be run by mains adaptor.

How much for the mods and a repair on the mains adaptor input?

Are you familiar with the Deluxe electric mistress, trying to source UK mods,

Air fair back and to, Howard Davis (EHX Designer) is a killer, 60 both ways!

Cheaper to buy another pedal.