aberdeen-music

Hello!

Moses

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I genuinely don't want to sound like a cunt, but chiptune and 'grindcore' are now probably the two most annoyingly hip genres on the go. File nu-rave under 'somewhere in the middle'.

I genuinely don't want to sound like a cunt, but chiptune and 'grindcore' are now probably the two most annoyingly hip genres on the go. File nu-rave under 'somewhere in the middle'.

"Chiptune " !!!!! ?(

Could you elaborate please ?

I also presume by Grindcore you mean the moshcore generation taking it upon themselves to call their band grindcore by liking pig destroyer , playing in a shitty band that bare zero resemblance to anything remotely grindcore ?

"Chiptune " !!!!! ?(

Could you elaborate please ?

I also presume by Grindcore you mean the moshcore generation taking it upon themselves to call their band grindcore by liking pig destroyer , playing in a shitty band that bare zero resemblance to anything remotely grindcore ?

Maybe he listens to Agoraphobic, early Carcass and the like? :up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i am of course referring to mosh-metal, metalcore, etc, but it's far more hip to call it grindcore, or death metal, even though it bares little resemblence to either genre, chiptune is like gameboy music, 8bit etc.

Never really got the whole 8 bit thing either really ... colon open bracket , are they what you would call chiptune/8bit/shit ?

Colon aren't really 8bit, but nonetheless, they are cool. They used to be ''8bit'' back in their day.. but those are long past now. Yeah, 8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

Hugely popular handheld video game machine developed in the nineties by forward-thinking Japanese company Nintendo, now bizarrely enjoying a stint as 'retro' icon for myspace-obsessives with dramatic photos, fashionable clothes and over-worked hair?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

There's a lot of this happening, isn't there? All you have to do is namecheck Pig Destroyer, Nasum and Discordance Axis and never bother checking out anyone else.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
There's a lot of this happening, isn't there? All you have to do is namecheck Pig Destroyer, Nasum and Discordance Axis and never bother checking out anyone else.

Most importantly, wear their Tshirts while playing live too (can't really slag, the ones above = about half the grindcore bands I've ever been into) and ESPECIALLY in publicity photos!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Colon aren't really 8bit, but nonetheless, they are cool. They used to be ''8bit'' back in their day.. but those are long past now. Yeah, 8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

Are we talking wayyyy back in 2006 here?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Most importantly, wear their Tshirts while playing live too (can't really slag, the ones above = about half the grindcore bands I've ever been into) and ESPECIALLY in publicity photos!

True, forgot the bit about wearing the shirts. Like yourself, no slur on those bands or anything, it just seems to have been agreed that those are the 3 to name to worm your way in. There's so many more killer bands in the genre.