aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Moses

Hello!

Hey, thought I'd introduce myself on the forums.

I'm Ronnie, I'm 16.. I run Curiosity Music. Aside from having alot of free time, I enjoy friendly debates on most topics.. I like an ultra-wide spectrum of music, from grind/hardcore to 8bit/chiptune :up:.. and I'm friendly and not arrogant.

Thanks for reading :) x

Hey, thought I'd introduce myself on the forums.

I'm Ronnie, I'm 16.. I run Curiosity Music. Aside from having alot of free time, I enjoy friendly debates on most topics.. I like an ultra-wide spectrum of music, from grind/hardcore to 8bit/chiptune :up:.. and I'm friendly and not arrogant.

Thanks for reading :) x

Hello, get stuck in... :up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I genuinely don't want to sound like a cunt, but chiptune and 'grindcore' are now probably the two most annoyingly hip genres on the go. File nu-rave under 'somewhere in the middle'.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Other gripe of the month - bands with Tshirts for sale, asking for tour dates, who don't have a demo recorded.

maybe we should have an introductions forum? there seems to be a few people posting threads like this all over the place.

maybe we should have an introductions forum? there seems to be a few people posting threads like this all over the place.

Good idea.....

I genuinely don't want to sound like a cunt, but chiptune and 'grindcore' are now probably the two most annoyingly hip genres on the go. File nu-rave under 'somewhere in the middle'.

"Chiptune " !!!!! ?(

Could you elaborate please ?

I also presume by Grindcore you mean the moshcore generation taking it upon themselves to call their band grindcore by liking pig destroyer , playing in a shitty band that bare zero resemblance to anything remotely grindcore ?

"Chiptune " !!!!! ?(

Could you elaborate please ?

I also presume by Grindcore you mean the moshcore generation taking it upon themselves to call their band grindcore by liking pig destroyer , playing in a shitty band that bare zero resemblance to anything remotely grindcore ?

Maybe he listens to Agoraphobic, early Carcass and the like? :up:

Nah nah man i was meaning why he thinks it's on of the most annoyingly hip trends on the go .

Who ? i thought Carcass were gore n Roll ! ! !

ha

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i am of course referring to mosh-metal, metalcore, etc, but it's far more hip to call it grindcore, or death metal, even though it bares little resemblence to either genre, chiptune is like gameboy music, 8bit etc.

Never really got the whole 8 bit thing either really ... colon open bracket , are they what you would call chiptune/8bit/shit ?

Colon aren't really 8bit, but nonetheless, they are cool. They used to be ''8bit'' back in their day.. but those are long past now. Yeah, 8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

Hugely popular handheld video game machine developed in the nineties by forward-thinking Japanese company Nintendo, now bizarrely enjoying a stint as 'retro' icon for myspace-obsessives with dramatic photos, fashionable clothes and over-worked hair?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

There's a lot of this happening, isn't there? All you have to do is namecheck Pig Destroyer, Nasum and Discordance Axis and never bother checking out anyone else.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
There's a lot of this happening, isn't there? All you have to do is namecheck Pig Destroyer, Nasum and Discordance Axis and never bother checking out anyone else.

Most importantly, wear their Tshirts while playing live too (can't really slag, the ones above = about half the grindcore bands I've ever been into) and ESPECIALLY in publicity photos!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Colon aren't really 8bit, but nonetheless, they are cool. They used to be ''8bit'' back in their day.. but those are long past now. Yeah, 8bit is basically gameboys. Not sure what genre you could class them as now..

Are we talking wayyyy back in 2006 here?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Most importantly, wear their Tshirts while playing live too (can't really slag, the ones above = about half the grindcore bands I've ever been into) and ESPECIALLY in publicity photos!

True, forgot the bit about wearing the shirts. Like yourself, no slur on those bands or anything, it just seems to have been agreed that those are the 3 to name to worm your way in. There's so many more killer bands in the genre.

Are we talking wayyyy back in 2006 here?

I was away to say... they haven't really been around for that long a time (or at least a length where you could justify the phrase, "back in the day") or are we talking about the M.A.R.T solo stuff from back in '04?

I saw them a couple of months ago and they still sounded pretty 8-bit to me. Their material (which included a lot of the original songs from when they started out) sounded the same as before, just freshened up a little and performed to a much higher standard than when I saw them prior to that.

I have no idea what the kid is on about.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So is grindcore what the kids are into these days?

No, but it seems there's no harm in pretending.