aberdeen-music

[GIG] Tupelo Town Assembly + Alan Cynic + Welfare Mothers + Delawair @ Snafu

hey peeps,

this week is magic! lovely accousticness and lovely wierdness abound!

All local acts who need no introduction really but heres the info.

first up...

DELEWAIR - (10.15pm - 10.40pm)

Local band whose harmonies will melt your face and heart equally.

WELFARE MOTHERS - (10.45pm-11.10pm)

Brilliant laid back two piece. Accoustic guitar , heartfelt vocals and lap steel / slide. Pretty much perfect.

ALAN CYNIC (11.15pm to 11.11.40pm)

Folk Troubadour/ legend / playboy/ heartbreaker / songwriter. These are words that alan wouldnt use to describe himself but have been said of him before. Always a pleasure to watch and currently still working hard on the song a say project, Alans songs are full of humour, wit, death, love and sometimes a hint of sadness but he always makes you laugh inbetween so dont worry.

TUPELO TOWN ASSEMBLY (11.45pm - 12.15pm)

Formed from the ashes of the brilliant Staccato Set, Tupelo play Lynchesque dark music which should bring the evenings proceddings to a fine close. For details see www.myspace.com/tupelotownassembly

DHC DJS to follow! till 2am

ALL THIS FOR 3

see you there

x

Couple of TTA ditties from Peacock

YouTube - somebody's walking

YouTube - Balad of her bullit

:)

Dutch spelling of ballad and bullet

SUKKEL

;)

Dutch spelling of twat.

Only joking. This'll be an ace night and I'm playing the geeh-tahr with 2, hopefully three ace acts! If only I can pursuade Delawair to let me play some lap steel with them again....

I'm getting all tingly in my belly. Or will that be the coffee overdose...

SUKKEL

;)

Dutch spelling of twat.

Only joking. This'll be an ace night and I'm playing the geeh-tahr with 2, hopefully three ace acts! If only I can pursuade Delawair to let me play some lap steel with them again....

Broken nose and glasses

Result of using the term SUKKEL:love:

aye, twill be braw

im having bother sorting out all the bands rider tho:

thains are pretty much saying no to Jim Tupelos pie requests, jim says the 50 pies are to deaden the bass drum sound but im not so sure!

Delwair want A LOT of drugs delivered in time for their stint, id never even heard of peyote until know! Apparently thats how they get their harmonies, hmmm!

Welfare Mothers just want tea and biscuits so theyre all good to go and John says Tetley is fine.

But Alan Cynic, hes demanded that when he arrives nobody talks / looks or gestures in his direction to him without addressing him as "Mr Cynic" or at least "Sir". He also has a guestlist of around 70 mainly female fluffers and mini accoustic guitar/ capo techs.

Im sure its all going to be fine, bloody divas!

aye, twill be braw

im having bother sorting out all the bands rider tho:

thains are pretty much saying no to Jim Tupelos pie requests, jim says the 50 pies are to deaden the bass drum sound but im not so sure!

Delwair want A LOT of drugs delivered in time for their stint, id never even heard of peyote until know! Apparently thats how they get their harmonies, hmmm!

Welfare Mothers just want tea and biscuits so theyre all good to go and John says Tetley is fine.

But Alan Cynic, hes demanded that when he arrives nobody talks / looks or gestures in his direction to him without addressing him as "Mr Cynic" or at least "Sir". He also has a guestlist of around 70 mainly female fluffers and mini accoustic guitar/ capo techs.

Im sure its all going to be fine, bloody divas!

Well we all know that pies would have never made anywhere near my bass drum if you were to sign for them...

But Alan Cynic has a guestlist of around 70 mainly female fluffers and mini accoustic guitar/ capo techs.

I misread that at first and thought you said 'manly female fluffers'. I had a horrible vision of you in that gingham dress with a feather duster again. The last time was bad enough, and I've still got the abrasions to prove it!!!

So,.... I'm getting a batch of mostly feminine folk and some dwarves then? With Jim Tupelo there too, we can stage a panto!:up:

(Oh yes we can!!!!)

I misread that at first and thought you said 'manly female fluffers'. I had a horrible vision of you in that gingham dress with a feather duster again. The last time was bad enough, and I've still got the abrasions to prove it!!!

So,.... I'm getting a batch of mostly feminine folk and some dwarves then? With Jim Tupelo there too, we can stage a panto!:up:

(Oh yes we can!!!!)

Oh yes we can!!!!

Did I get that wriong?o_O

SUKKEL

;)

Dutch spelling of twat.

Your just a butterfly of music flitting happily from one sound garden to the next... :up:

The suit doesn't fit. sadly.......but I'm happy to come as a giant parakeet, if you'll still do the jim jams/smoking jacket combination?8-)

Why don't reprise your outfit from a performance with Damo Suzuki a couple of Christmases ago Alan? - I thought it was a Bee Keeper, but you said it was a white man adrift in the desert. Or go as a parakeet with a bee-keeper's outfit on over the top - that would really screw with the kids' minds man.

Wish I could make this - great line-up. Tupelo Town Assembly were fantastic at Elvisness last year.