aberdeen-music

Tony Wilson dead...

78saab

oh dear what a pity never mind

i'm sure there are RSS feeds you can subscribe to which keep one instantly informed of the latest deaths among anyone remotely music-industry-related, so why don't you stop thinking you are somehow unique in that you read the news and faff off and stop bothering the rest of us with this shit.

oh dear what a pity never mind

i'm sure there are RSS feeds you can subscribe to which keep one instantly informed of the latest deaths among anyone remotely music-industry-related, so why don't you stop thinking you are somehow unique in that you read the news and faff off and stop bothering the rest of us with this shit.

Actually, I found out about this particular piece of news through this friend, and am quite interested in the history and legacy of Factory Records so found this post rather informative. Just because there are things you arent interested in doesnt mean that others, even if its just me, are.

Guest DustyDeviada
Actually, I found out about this particular piece of news through this friend, and am quite interested in the history and legacy of Factory Records so found this post rather informative. Just because there are things you arent interested in doesnt mean that others, even if its just me, are.

Please don't feed the troll.

another excellent band on the factory roster were section 25, much overlooked!!!

a real loss to the music industry - i remember when he appeared at go north a few years ago in the belmont cinema and he was brilliant to listen to. RIP Anthony you made your mark.

Guest Steven Dedalus
another excellent band on the factory roster were section 25, much overlooked!!!

a real loss to the music industry - i remember when he appeared at go north a few years ago in the belmont cinema and he was brilliant to listen to. RIP Anthony you made your mark.

That night at the Belmont was brilliant. He was so approachable, and he knew how to live up to the legend, so to speak.

I don't care what anyone says about him, I had a lot of time for him, and I'm concious that there are fewer and fewer people like him in the music industry, and pretty soon it will all be businessmen trying to suck us dry. Ho hum, it's all obvious, I know, but I still don't like it.

Anyway, I'm ploughing through all of New Order's albums tonight, and sadly 'Repubic' is next.

The pain continues...

That night at the Belmont was brilliant. He was so approachable, and he knew how to live up to the legend, so to speak.

I don't care what anyone says about him, I had a lot of time for him, and I'm concious that there are fewer and fewer people like him in the music industry, and pretty soon it will all be businessmen trying to suck us dry. Ho hum, it's all obvious, I know, but I still don't like it.

Anyway, I'm ploughing through all of New Order's albums tonight, and sadly 'Repubic' is next.

The pain continues...

agreed. he had nuts, even if he was played by alan partridge.

indie is dead now........

a rare commidity.

salutes, and the like....

Why's that then?

dont you have anything to contribute at all you glib prick?, you know exactly what i mean! the spirit and idealism of what wilson achieved with factory records not to mention the bands he brought into the public domain(forcefully with nuts and panache) is to be admired regardless to whether you think the Happy mondays were poets or druggies... wilson really believed in what he did and that cant be denied.

i know you are a cock but you must on some level acknowledge the fact that wilson actually achieved something worthwhile- joy division records still sound so raw and unnervinglly wierd to this day.....c'mon min, are you fucking deaf?

mind you operate within the "electronica" remit which really means you have the artistic abitlity of an accountant. stop being a prick- why dont you do the decent thing and resign your account here- know one gives a fuck about what you say or do here- yer' a fly in the ointment, and yer getting BORING.

fuck off somewhere else, and while yer at it open yer viens in the bath or something,

you are boring.

That's what I meant by SXXV, being a bit too postmodern for my own good, haha.

You heard that they reformed two years back and have a new album out? It's not bad, but Larry Cassidy still hasn't a fecking clue how to sing in key yet.......

dont you have anything to contribute at all you glib prick?, you know exactly what i mean! the spirit and idealism of what wilson achieved with factory records not to mention the bands he brought into the public domain(forcefully with nuts and panache) is to be admired regardless to whether you think the Happy mondays were poets or druggies... wilson really believed in what he did and that cant be denied.

i know you are a cock but you must on some level acknowledge the fact that wilson actually achieved something worthwhile- joy division records still sound so raw and unnervinglly wierd to this day.....c'mon min, are you fucking deaf?

Why don't you read what I said before you go off on one? I haven't said a thing about tony wilson, factory records or your precious joy division yet.

Yes, spirit of idealism blah blah bringing odd bands into the public eye blah blah, all very good, but the fact that tony wilson is now dead means fuck all for the future of "indie". In fact if anyone's being glib it's you, coming out with utter nonsense like "indie is dead now". You're so anachronistic in your attitudes and the scope of your awareness of music that it's almost funny.

That's what I meant by SXXV, being a bit too postmodern for my own good, haha.

You heard that they reformed two years back and have a new album out? It's not bad, but Larry Cassidy still hasn't a fecking clue how to sing in key yet.......

aye and jenny ross died of cancer in 2004 :down: