aberdeen-music

Fifa vice pres attacks England WC bid

Mr.Mike

He never really states any good reason to why they shouldn't get to host it other than having "no impact on the game".

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the English Premiership hailed as one of the best leagues in the world?

Also, their television coverage has brought billions to the game as well.

Definately some sort of personal bias going on.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This is a tit-for-tat ding-dong, really. I'm sure one of the FA higher-ups accused the CONCACAF nations of being corrupt as hell recently. Not that it matters, it's not real football anyway...

This is a tit-for-tat ding-dong, really. I'm sure one of the FA higher-ups accused the CONCACAF nations of being corrupt as hell recently. Not that it matters, it's not real football anyway...

I'm pretty sure it was a scottish guy who said that. He was accused as being racist or something of the sorts...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm pretty sure it was a scottish guy who said that. He was accused as being racist or something of the sorts...

Maybe it was John McBeth? Unless I'm thinking of something else?

He had just taken up a post with Uefa i think when he said it, so no link to the FA really.

This guy doesn't appear to have put much thought into what he has said, he's failed to cover up his obvious personal dislike with England in any way and ends up just looking like an idiot.

England would have a really strong case for hosting it. I couldn't see them losing if they try again. Unless Fifa is made up of a lot of people like this.....which it probably is.

He had just taken up a post with Uefa i think when he said it, so no link to the FA really.

This guy doesn't appear to have put much thought into what he has said, he's failed to cover up his obvious personal dislike with England in any way and ends up just looking like an idiot.

England would have a really strong case for hosting it. I couldn't see them losing if they try again. Unless Fifa is made up of a lot of people like this.....which it probably is.

nah I think this guy is a one-off (thank fuck). I seem to recall Beckenbaur or someone along those lines saying he strongly supported an English bid and thought there was a very strong arguement to hold a WC finals there in the near future.

it would make sense, England has some of the best stadiums in the world and arguably the best league in world football right now so why not?

i think he means in terms of english players not making that huge an impact, take aside goldenknob most english players are wank, yes gerrard is a hero and terry is a brick but the rest are so bloody average yet they think they are the best in the world or that they have some kind of right to win the world cup. Yes the pre leauge is one of the best but not due to the english talent on offer.

i think he means in terms of english players not making that huge an impact, take aside goldenknob most english players are wank, yes gerrard is a hero and terry is a brick but the rest are so bloody average yet they think they are the best in the world or that they have some kind of right to win the world cup. Yes the pre leauge is one of the best but not due to the english talent on offer.

I agree with you there but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to host it.

If this remark is only because of McBeth from SFA, then it's not only silly, but really unprofessional.