aberdeen-music

Connect

Noir

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i meant that the gig tonight is a very good deal. unfortunately i am absolutely knackered having averaged 3/4 hours sleep a night the past three days. so i won't be going.

connect. bands amazing, well, the ones i saw. campsite/atmosphere/pissed up t in the park rejects were utter shite and drove me to hotels in glasgow the last two nights. bjork, mogwai, nouvelle vague, rilo kiley, bat for lashes, aereogramme all brilliant.

Highlights...

• Meeting Newton Faulkner and the 1990's singer
  • Getting abseloutely bevved
  • Mogwai, Modest Mouse, Bjork and Idlewild
  • Silent Disco!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modest Mouse were rubbish! I almost snapped and punched the person next to me in anger when they sung the lyrics to doin' the cockroach at the end of their last song. Their rubbish last song. Fuck off Johnny Marr, too. Fuck right off.

best festival i have been to the year defo!!!

Beastie Boys, Primal scream, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, Seasick steve, Css wer def my highlights!!!!

i was really looking forward to seeing mogwai because the way everybody was shouting about then so waited for them and was so disapointed watched fist three or four songs and left so boring.

atmosphere was amazing!! definatly going next year!

I thought all things considered it was a fantastic weekend. At the risk of sounding overly parochial, I thought Mogwai and Idlewild were immense and probably stole the show for me. Apart from our set obviously...

Getting towed out of the site through Somme mud by a wheel spinning tractor was quite the exit too.

Great festival. I could complain about a couple of small things but generally everything was great.

Musically the highlights for me were Bjork, LCD Soundsystem, M.I.A, Bat for Lashes, Patrick Wolf, The Go! Team, Modest Mouse, Sons and Daughters (the Seal cover was awesome:up:), CSS and Jarvis.

The Silent Disco was great fun and there was some very good food to be had too.

If the line up is as good I would definitely go back next year.

I'd second the generally positive sentiments concerning the whole weekend. My highlights were probably Jarvis, the Divine Comedy, the Go-Team and Patrick Wolf despite being on so damned early. Worst band i saw was Echo and the Bunnymen (despite being a fan). they sounded naff and Ian McCulloch is an annoying arrogant cock. When did he turn into such a lad?!

Great festival. I could complain about a couple of small things but generally everything was great.

Musically the highlights for me were Bjork, LCD Soundsystem, M.I.A, Bat for Lashes, Patrick Wolf, The Go! Team, Modest Mouse, Sons and Daughters (the Seal cover was awesome:up:), CSS and Jarvis.

The Silent Disco was great fun and there was some very good food to be had too.

If the line up is as good I would definitely go back next year.

Which Seal cover did S & D do? Couldn't have been Rose from a Thorn or whatever it's called surely?

Guest Steven Dedalus
I'd second the generally positive sentiments concerning the whole weekend. My highlights were probably Jarvis, the Divine Comedy, the Go-Team and Patrick Wolf despite being on so damned early. Worst band i saw was Echo and the Bunnymen (despite being a fan). they sounded naff and Ian McCulloch is an annoying arrogant cock. When did he turn into such a lad?!

McCullough's been like that for a while now. I saw them last year in belfast, and he was an arrogant bastard on stage (I know that's kind of what we want from him, but he went above and beyond the call of duty) and then backstage he was a whingeing prima-donna.

However, if you rewind back in time, he was always a bit of anard bag, even though I love them.

WOMAD fastival, 1982 - Echo and the Bunnymen featuring the Royal Burundi Drummers:

"Hello, we're Echo and the Burundi-men. Bring on the Burundi boys." (said in a think Liverpudlian accent)

He was always a bit of a lad....

But they were brilliant when I saw them.

McCullough's been like that for a while now. I saw them last year in belfast, and he was an arrogant bastard on stage (I know that's kind of what we want from him, but he went above and beyond the call of duty) and then backstage he was a whingeing prima-donna.

However, if you rewind back in time, he was always a bit of anard bag, even though I love them.

WOMAD fastival, 1982 - Echo and the Bunnymen featuring the Royal Burundi Drummers:

"Hello, we're Echo and the Burundi-men. Bring on the Burundi boys." (said in a think Liverpudlian accent)

He was always a bit of a lad....

But they were brilliant when I saw them.

Jesus, I see you've got a 'tache but you can't be that old can you? Anyway what's an "anard bag"?

We remember it well, being the only Scots there.......ZIMBO.....Mr Dedalus

thouht it was a decent festival, but not my fav of the year. Best bands for me were Mogwai and Super Furry Animals. Wish Mogwai could have been louder. Primal Scream were so disapointing, I miss Kevin Shields. I liked hearing Idlewild sound check too, it reminded me how much I used to love them.

I skipped the last day and went into Glasgow to catch the black lips at optimo - not an ounce of regret in me, they were awsome! They are coming to the Lemon Tree in Nov and I recommend it. They have stuff on You tube if you want to check them out first. They call themselves flower punk "too punk to be hippy and too hippy to be punk".

I would go back to connect next year again, if they could pull off another line-up in the similar vein. They should get an ATP stage on like they did at Primavera, that would work.

Over and out.