aberdeen-music

Connect

Noir

thouht it was a decent festival, but not my fav of the year. Best bands for me were Mogwai and Super Furry Animals. Wish Mogwai could have been louder. Primal Scream were so disapointing, I miss Kevin Shields. I liked hearing Idlewild sound check too, it reminded me how much I used to love them.

I skipped the last day and went into Glasgow to catch the black lips at optimo - not an ounce of regret in me, they were awsome! They are coming to the Lemon Tree in Nov and I recommend it. They have stuff on You tube if you want to check them out first. They call themselves flower punk "too punk to be hippy and too hippy to be punk".

I would go back to connect next year again, if they could pull off another line-up in the similar vein. They should get an ATP stage on like they did at Primavera, that would work.

Over and out.

Aye Black Lips are well worth checking out. Mind you the last act I can mind attempting to marry hippy and punk asthetics was Sandi Thom! - thankfully that's where the similarity ends.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you say that about sandi thom, I was thinking about it the other day when I was reading that the Black Lips call themselves flower punk, cause she has that line....not even going to write it or it will stick in my head.

Still cant believe they are coming up to the deen. Ive taken the tues/wed off work cause the EMBBD are playin the night before - thats going to be some couple of days!