aberdeen-music

20'' Intel iMac

Ross_S

Thinking about selling my iMac and getting a Macbook Pro in the next month or so.

It's the 20'' version with 2.16ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 250gb hard drive, 1gb RAM, Mighty Mouse, Bluetooth etc.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm parting with it just yet- keen to see how much I could expect to get for it and if there is anyone interested. If I'm offered a good amount that's fair to both parties then I'll most likely accept it.

Currently has iLife, Microsoft Office, Sibelius 4, Guitar Pro, Photoshop CS2 and iWorks installed, along with around 75gb of music. This can be kept or wiped, depending on buyer's preference.

Should also mention it's in excellent condition, although there are a couple marks at the top right edge of the casing. It's nothing on the screen or anything, and you can only notice it when looking right up close to it.

Anyone interested at all?

Guest b-bert

Brand new imacs have now been released so bear in mind this will drop in value fast now. (sorry) Great computer though I'd buy it if i didnt have one haha.

wait, this is a desktop then? how portable is it?

It's essentially like an all in one device- the processor, hard drive, screen etc. are all contained in the one unit. It's not portable in the same way as a laptop, but still easy enough to take to a band practice for recording, for example.

The one I'm selling is this:

PC World: Apple Mac Computers - APPLE iMAC20" INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR 2.16GHz APPLE iMAC

I'm after around 700-800, although I don't know if that's realistic or not, hence why I was asking.

Yeah, this is a desktop PC and not a portable. To be perfectly honest, the entry level new iMac model (which is a similair spec to the above) costs 800 from Apple's store. So I wouldn't have thought you can really ask for more than 400 - 500 for this in my opionion.

So I wouldn't have thought you can really ask for more than 400 - 500 for this in my opionion.

Hmm if that's the realistic amount I can expect for it I'm probably better just holding onto it. They seem to be going on eBay for around 750-800 but I don't have a box so was wanting to keep the sale local.