aberdeen-music

Sonic Youth/Boredoms/Mogwai/VU/Television project

Deadringer

Hello there. I'm searching high and low (i.e. up in Aberdeen, down here in Yorkshire) for relatively untalented musicians who share a common interest in playing music somewhat akin to that of the aforementioned bands. It'll be relatively easy-going jam sessions, no pressure or anything, lyrics aren't important (unless there is a fucking amazing unsung poet on here, in which case, feel free to join). Just give me a PM if you're overjoyed by the possibilities of this rather vague project.

All hipsters can fuck off please, thanks.

i fully agree with this statement

It was me that typed that comment actually, round at Mr Superb's house. I forgot it was him logged in. It should have had a question mark, or otherwise have been "How can you seriously list those bands and then tell "hipsters" to fuck off?"

Maybe your hipster concept and my hipster concept aren't alligned. I meant beatniks with their hats and tres cool clothes and all or just scenesters in general. Possibly wrong usage of the word "hipster" then. Basically, I mean I want people who genuinely want to mess around making music using the 5 mentioned artists (plus MBV, just to add to the whole hipster thing) as a kind of rough template. The emphasis is on the music not the look. Or maybe it's the overall aesthetic, but without having any other band members on hand, I can't really say yet.

I apologise, muchisimas, to all those I have offended.

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild
Hello there. I'm searching high and low (i.e. up in Aberdeen, down here in Yorkshire) for relatively untalented musicians who share a common interest in playing music somewhat akin to that of the aforementioned bands. It'll be relatively easy-going jam sessions, no pressure or anything, lyrics aren't important (unless there is a fucking amazing unsung poet on here, in which case, feel free to join). Just give me a PM if you're overjoyed by the possibilities of this rather vague project.

Can you drum?

Maybe your hipster concept and my hipster concept aren't alligned. I meant beatniks with their hats and tres cool clothes and all or just scenesters in general. Possibly wrong usage of the word "hipster" then. Basically, I mean I want people who genuinely want to mess around making music using the 5 mentioned artists (plus MBV, just to add to the whole hipster thing) as a kind of rough template. The emphasis is on the music not the look. Or maybe it's the overall aesthetic, but without having any other band members on hand, I can't really say yet.

I apologise, muchisimas, to all those I have offended.

Ah well I meant hipster as in the cred-desperate "look at me don't I just like all the right bands" type fellow we all know.

Ah well I meant hipster as in the cred-desperate "look at me don't I just like all the right bands" type fellow we all know.

Yeah, that's me then. But then it suggests that you just prefer not to like the OBJECTIVELY great bands such as those mentioned. Which is just absurd. And I mean "right" as in "right" not "right" as in "coolest". Don't really fancy going into a debate over semantics but if you want to, well, I guess I could.

Also, I can't drum. I'm just a shit guitarist who wishes he was Tom Verlaine, picks up his guitar, hits the wrong string and weeps into his comfort blanky.

guitar player

wow i never knew sonic youth were that cool!! i still love em though, id be up for makin a noise....if you need a geeetar player?...i do play a bit of drums and also bass if needed....wots a hipster? haha...if you mean people who are into British bands who year in year out sound like the same 3 bands and look a bit like those kids on flying bmx's in E.T then yes i know what you mean haha...should cause a stir.

Mark

I'm up for making some unstructured noise sometime. I work month on / month off and usually have loads of free time whilst the kids are in school. Add a bit of Part Chimp to the mix and stand back.