aberdeen-music

marshall avt 275 repair

fatboy

my amp went on fire yesterday during practice, opened it up and had a look, the 2 temprature sensor circuits which a screwed to a big metal plate next to the cooling fans have been cremated, don't know why, I'm not having luck finding new sensor circuits on the net, can anyone help me with this, i have electrical experience so fitting the parts aint a problem, just finding them

cheers paul

my amp went on fire yesterday during practice, opened it up and had a look, the 2 temprature sensor circuits which a screwed to a big metal plate next to the cooling fans have been cremated, don't know why, I'm not having luck finding new sensor circuits on the net, can anyone help me with this, i have electrical experience so fitting the parts aint a problem, just finding them

cheers paul

marshall sell parts and i would assume you could get those parts from them

i was able to buy bias pots and so on from them for JCM's so worth a try

you can get the service dept number from the net

voltage regulators

Your temperature sensors are more likely to be Voltage Regulators. They are bolted to the metal plate for cooling as they get hot and can blow up if not cooled properly.

You will somehow need to find out the specs or type. I would remove them and check if anything is written on it or any indication of type? Or maybe try to ask Marshall

Maplin sells some common types:

Maplin > Voltage Regulators

or else try RS components, they'll definitely have them.