aberdeen-music

Foot & Mouth's back...

Rachie

especially with the agricultural community having so many problems these days as it is. :(

What, the steep rise in unconsenting sheep being shagged this year?

And I'm not joking - after a recent, comprehensive survey conducted by the Uk Agricultural Association, it turns out that up to 31% of farmers, or anyone directly associated with that farmer (sons / retarded brothers etc), regularly perform lewd acts on a variety of farmyard animals, ranging upwards from the obvious (and generally excusable) wooly fellows, to the downright sinister - calfs still under the age of three days apparently a keenly sought delicacy to bestiality connoisseurs all over the country, some known to camp for weeks outside fields in lustful anticipation of heavily pregnant Daisy's sweaty deposit.

It's all in the data - absolutely true.

I went to my local butchers on tuesday, and there was bugger all on his shelves...

he was worried he wouldn't have anything to sell for a while (he was getting some pigs in on wednesday....I just hope Westhill like saussages!)...

so, it does affect scotland.

He also told me, that because Ireland is not part of the UK, they were free to export....by driving the lorries into Liverpool, down past the infected area, and over to France...

we were also told that F&M can be carrie din the air...and france is closer to the source than Scotland...so how's that fair?

It's bad news for every butcher and farmer in scotland...I wonder if "independence" would free us from that sort of chain around our necks?

( and I don't even vote SNP )

It's in bad taste, and also proves you're totally ignorant about the facts of this case. The current outbreak may well be a result of the flood waters spreading the disease from the source to woodland and farmland. And the fact it's in England hasn't stopped the cancellation of many shows and markets in Scotland, and the loss of millions of pounds worth of trade up here. So it certainly does matter.

Next time you feel like being controversial, think before you type.

it hasnt affected my life in any direct way.

ah da gie two fucks.

oh wait, i did have tickets to go to the highland games and cow parade in aberfeldy. ach jings.

Guest DustyDeviada
I wonder if "independence" would free us from that sort of chain around our necks?

( and I don't even vote SNP )

Um, no, given that agriculture is devolved to Scotland and it was therefore the SNP government that took the decision to restrict the movement of livestock up here.

Entirely the right thing to do in my opinion, the reason Scotland got off relatively lightly the last time was because the government here moved much more quickly to restrict movement and therefore stop the problem from spreading.

Um, no, given that agriculture is devolved to Scotland and it was therefore the SNP government that took the decision to restrict the movement of livestock up here.

Entirely the right thing to do in my opinion, the reason Scotland got off relatively lightly the last time was because the government here moved much more quickly to restrict movement and therefore stop the problem from spreading.

in context to geography, seems like a daft thing to do, considering the evidence of livestock movement from Ireland ?

I thought all ports were closed to livestock movement as part of the ban? Even if they do come from Ireland.

If that's not true that has to be the one stupid administration error. How are we meant to keep it contained if livestock from another country can pass through the infected country into another? Fuck me that's retarded.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, first I've heard of stuff coming in from Ireland. As far as I'm aware, in Scotland at least ALL livestock movement was restricted on Friday, then there were a few exemptions, like being allowed to take them across roads for milking and stuff, then on Tuesday they were allowed to take them to abbatoirs.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well the Government's own Press Release said:

a GB wide national movement ban of all ruminants and pigs has been imposed.

Defra, UK - News - News releases 2007 - Foot and Mouth Disease confirmed in cattle, in Surrey

So, no, I'm not in the meat business, but I still think your butcher is talking out of his fucking arse. In fact, given the Government press release I may change that status to know. ;)

Well the Government's own Press Release said:

Defra, UK - News - News releases 2007 - Foot and Mouth Disease confirmed in cattle, in Surrey

So, no, I'm not in the meat business, but I still think your butcher is talking out of his fucking arse. In fact, given the Government press release I may change that status to know. ;)

"The movement of animals, animal products, feed and bedding in the zones will be prohibited, except under license"

(look at that last part)...

and, as you say "UK movements"...

and as I was told...Ireland is NOT the UK.

so, it's not technically UK movements...

lets drive down together and find out...eh.

needless to say, movement's been lifted today...so I'll get my snack on soon....slurp.

Guest DustyDeviada
(

look at that last part)...

and, as you say "UK movements"...

and as I was told...Ireland is NOT the UK.

so, it's not technically UK movements...

Again, I'm just a layman in these matters, but to me "UK movements" is movements within the UK, doesn't matter where they came from.

Anyhoo, fret not, you'll be able to get your hot beef injection soon enough. ;)