aberdeen-music

GTA 4 pushed back till 2008

Untitled

The overcrowded monkey house that was the 2007 holiday release schedule lost one of its 800-pound gorillas today. Without warning, this afternoon Take-Two Interactive stunned the game industry by announcing it was delaying Grand Theft Auto IV to the second quarter of its 2008 fiscal year, which begins on February 1, 2008. Published by Take-Two subsidiary Rockstar Games, the crime-action title had been slated to ship for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on October 16, 2007.

"Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms," said Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick in a statement

this gives some of you now more time to save up to buy your ps3's or xbox 360's :p

Going by this, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it coming out in Q3/Q4 2008. Just before Christmas.
No chance. The market will get flooded by lesser known titles at that time on all platforms. The success and brand name of GTA will mean Take 2 (considering how fucked they're going to get due to Manhunt 2 not being released globally) means they'll be sticking GTA IV out as soon as possible.

The game is probably almost ready one of the consoles (the 360 or the PS3, more likely the 360) but I'm pretty sure they signed a contract to release simultaneously on both consoles.

Ach well. Like you said, gives me time to get a 360.

i think the impact of GTA 4 might be severly lessened by the fact that there have been a good number of spin-offs inbetween number 4 and the last one.

im not really a big GTA gamer anymore, but im sure htere have been at least two so far. what will make GTA 4 so much better and different? is it going to be in...4-D maybe???