aberdeen-music

Spice Girls

Stripey

Yeah they are, but in this case some malevolent internet users have forced baghdad to the top of the poll in an attempt to get them killed, I think that's commendable.

To be honest I didn't read it - I just saw "Spice Girls" and "Public" and used my warped arithmetic to come up with "3".

The public are exonerated - send the hoors to Iraq, especially that repulsive, talentless, hing-oot of a clothes horse who's married to that awfully nice soccer chappie.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts you lot are.

Sing a few bad songs, act like sluts(?) and have rags to riches, vacuous lives...and that's worthy of a potential death sentence....

Now, who shall we lynch next?....

I just think it's so obvious and childish...and to be started by our friend the troll, is actually a gift.

Sing a few bad songs, act like sluts(?) and have rags to riches, vacuous lives...and that's worthy of a potential death sentence....

Yes I would actually laugh heartily if the spice girls own PR team were put in a position after this online vote would which forces them to send the "girls" to iraq to perform.

Bear in mind that one of them has already been out there to "entertain the troops", albeit in the "safety" of a british miltary compound. An open air concert could be a wholly different and potentially deadly pop-whore fragging bloodbath which would literally have me pissing myself in hilarity at such divine justice being meted out.

Guest Steven Dedalus
wow, you people are obsessed with nathan barley and obviously either can't read, have no sense of humour, or both.

What does not being able to read have to do with it?

Not too sure of the relevance of that comment, to be honest.

Response from Stripey:

"Yeah well, I'm not sure of your relevance, you impotent, myopic, small, fool. Culture is my bag, and I know it better than you, etc, etc."

Yes, I am clairvoyant.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Well I'd assume that either they didn't read the article before commenting, or didn't get the joke. Straightforward enough for you?

Oo er!

I guess I was just pointing out that most of the comments are concerning your statements in the middle of the thread, which verged on preposterous (and in particualr, I'm thinking about this one in particular: "An open air concert could be a wholly different and potentially deadly pop-whore fragging bloodbath which would literally have me pissing myself in hilarity at such divine justice being meted out." in case you were wondering), and are not relating to the article, which I'm assuming everyone did read, or at least skim through it.

Just wanted to clear that up.

And I'm glad my clairvoyancy failed me for once.

Guest Steven Dedalus
If you don't consider the idea of the spicegirls being forced to perform in a warzone because of a PR campaign gone wrong, and hypothetically being blown up because of the very thing that made them so big in the first place funny, I feel very sorry for you indeed.

Whoah there!

I didn't even mention whether I found it funny or not! So, becuase I wouldn't want you worrying about me or feeling sorry for me I can inform you:

a. I would call it 'amusing' rather than funny, as it's not exactly laugh-out-loud stuff.

b. The rather mean spirited way in which you have phrased all of this is negated by the fact that the Spice Girls are about as edgy a target as a tub of butter left out in the sun. Essentially, the point you're making is, "I don't like the Spice Girls, and they might get blown up in a war zone due to a ludicrous PR blunder, ho ho ho!" which, to my tastes anyway, isn't really cutting edge humour. But it is a shame for them that they might have to perish in the name of 'Girl Power', even if it is a cause worth dying for.

So I guess I didn't find it that funny.

But I found this funny:

Too Much Information: The 59 "NC-17" Citations for "Bad Lieutenant"

So it's not so bad.

Guest Steven Dedalus
I can't open the link from work, but is "Bad Lieutenant" the movie where Harvey Keitel gets two young girls in a car to play with themselves whilst he throws one over the wrist?

Yup, tis.

That link is just a load of imaginary deleted scenes which become more and more preposterous.