aberdeen-music

MCR to play AECC

Camie

Quite funny they are playing AECC, considering the ammount of neds that seem to go to these AECC affairs.

NOVEMBER

11th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena (0870 707 8000)

12th - Aberdeen, AECC (0870 169 0100)

13th - Sheffield, Hallam FM Arena (0114 256 5656)

15th - London, The O2 (0871 984 0002 / The O2 - Home)

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Friday 3rd August from the box office numbers listed above, the 24 hour credit card hotline on 0871 2200 260 or online at GIGSANDTOURS.COM

Quite funny they are playing AECC, considering the ammount of neds that seem to go to these AECC affairs.

Very true, I can't see this being a nedfest. I can only wonder what a gig at the AECC would be like without neds... Sadly, I wont find out by going to this since My Chemical Romance are pish.

Not my usual cup of tea but might give them the benefit of the doubt and toddle along to see what they are like live as I have never seen them. Listened to a few of their tracks and they ain't bad, kind of gothic edged American hard rock. I can't see why they attract so much venom, hundreds of worse bands out there and even if they are total c*cks they can't be as up their own rectum as Bono or Amy Whinehouse!

Same with Trivium I suppose, they got dogs abuse by some at Iron Maiden in Earls Court but I thought they were pretty good. Nice to see some old school thrash'ish style metal being belted out even if a bit derivitive. Again, not sure why they get so trashed by everyone but then again I don't read the popular music press and most of the older school metalheads I know quite like their new album. Could it be down to that golden oldie in that they have got popular quickly and lots of the kiddie winks like them so they must be rubbish and destroyed by the "musical intelligensi"?

I gave Towers Of London a chance at their recent gig and I even quite enjoyed it in watching an unfolding car crash sort of way. Not seen someone that drunk on stage for many a year, amazed he even made it back on for the encore after being carried off completely trollied.

prove it

I actually have all their albums in my house. I gave the first two to my brother because i didn't like them after buying them myself when they came out. My bloody girlfriend likes them so they've worked their way back into my home and have grown to the full album collection. So despite giving the fuckers away i've actually ended up with more of their albums than i ever intended. I loath their pomp-filled faux prog-rock like you wouldn't believe. I think they're shit. Point proven.

I actually have all their albums in my house. I gave the first two to my brother because i didn't like them after buying them myself when they came out. My bloody girlfriend likes them so they've worked their way back into my home and have grown to the full album collection. So despite giving the fuckers away i've actually ended up with more of their albums than i ever intended. I loath their pomp-filled faux prog-rock like you wouldn't believe. I think they're shit. Point proven.

kids these days are so full of hate and anger