aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

mAYHEM

I can see mAYHEM's point, if Bruce Millers promised his guitar would be with him soon when he ordered it, and then it didn't come in from their suppliers, they should get better suppliers.

It's not the suppliers he has a contract with it's Bruce Millers, and it's up to them to honour it, not fob him off with excuses. I'd be pissed off at them as well. And I'd expect Bruce Millers to be phoning the suppliesr to find out where the fuck it is.

correct....

koko wants a jobbie at brucie millers me thinks, never mind the circus is still doon the beach give them a honk o yer horn maybe they're looking for fluffer to tug the elephants.

correct....

koko wants a jobbie at brucie millers me thinks, never mind the circus is still doon the beach give them a honk o yer horn maybe they're looking for fluffer to tug the elephants.

How many times have you given Bruce Millers a phone over the past two weeks? What did they say if/when you phoned them?

I can see mAYHEM's point, if Bruce Millers promised his guitar would be with him soon when he ordered it, and then it didn't come in from their suppliers, they should get better suppliers.

It's not the suppliers he has a contract with it's Bruce Millers, and it's up to them to honour it, not fob him off with excuses. I'd be pissed off at them as well. And I'd expect Bruce Millers to be phoning the suppliesr to find out where the fuck it is.

mayHEM didn't state at all what ETA Bruce Millers had given him when he ordered it in the first place. It might be a one off for all we know that some wee oriental is in the process of hand carving as I type.

He maybe also hasn't phoned to ask where it is yet in which case how are they to know if he's annoyed with them?

Maybe Bruce Millers have phoned the suppliers and are waiting to see if mayHEM has the foresight to phone and check up where it is so they can tell him what's happening.

There's no excuse for stupidity really.

• Upvote 1

mayHEM didn't state at all what ETA Bruce Millers had given him when he ordered it in the first place. It might be a one off for all we know that some wee oriental is in the process of hand carving as I type.

He maybe also hasn't phoned to ask where it is yet in which case how are they to know if he's annoyed with them?

Maybe Bruce Millers have phoned the suppliers and are waiting to see if mayHEM has the foresight to phone and check up where it is so they can tell him what's happening.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

:popcorn:

phoned twice dude, twice nobody got back with any info, i think the famous last words were a "it will be here by tuesday"

supplier is at fault, not bruce millers. If the supplier had it there by "TUESDAY" then you would have your beloved guitar. My guess is that bruce millers are not gonna have it in the shop hiding it from you are they? No, so it is the supplier who is at fault, best you can do is phone them, tell them to get on to the suppliers and tell them to phone you back that afternoon, if they don't, phone them and lay the smacketh down. Not very hard.

phoned twice dude, twice nobody got back with any info, i think the famous last words were a "it will be here by tuesday"

You need to be a bit more assertive on the phone is my guess. Tell me what guitar it is and i'll lay the smackdown on your behalf tomorrow (i do work there unless you hadn't worked that out). Who it was that ordered it for you would be a good help too i.e Billy, Jamie, Leighann, Alan or Duncan.

I will echo Unbroken's point that if the suppliers have let the shop down, it's not ultimately the shop's fault. Though granted if you've been assertive enough to demand an answer as to it's whereabouts they should've been chasing it up for you.

We are also in the middle of a stock take so there is a slim possibility that it is in but is yet to be booked into the system.

nah im out of touch with the clown/ american serial killer scene dudes excuse my ignorance, i found your avatar amusing tho

American serial killer scene?

At the end of the day it's out of Bruce Miller's hand but if the suppliers are doing this often(maybe they are, maybe they aren't) then it's up to Bruce Miller to do something about it.

Anyway, you should be patient.

I just want to point out that suppliers of guitar related things have a habit of being shit...

I can understand why your peeved! You want your guitar and you want it to arrive when you were told it would goddamit!!!!

BUT try to understand its not Bruce Millers fault...this kind of thing happens all the time with shops. The shop person phones up the supplier and says 'I have a customer who wants a guitar, can I get one?' they say yes and then dont deliver and the shop person looks like a lying shit....pretty much.

It's taken a number of months for me to receive a guitar that was 'in stock' before. Patience is your friend. :up:

To echo the rest, it's not Millers fault if they are quoting the distributors (who can be notorious for being shit!).

With regards to someone saying 'they should get different distributors then', that's not really gonna work out when there's only 1 distributor for each brand (true for about 99.9% of guitar companies anyways) over here. :up:

I'd have phoned up bruce millers everyday and hassle them to hassle the suppliers and of course you could always tell them to stick it up their hoop!

as i would say 'you're here to provide a service, so f*ckin provide it or i take my business elsewhere, thank you'.

It seems that there are alot of people on here finding excuses for bruce millers, so do you all work for them or something? commision maybe!?

Mr Mayhem, you are right to complain, not enough people do it in this country. both bruce millers and R and B are over priced anyway! i wouldnt buy a guitar in aberdeen!

Patience isnt a friend, he's a c*nt!!

Guest DustyDeviada

No, I don't work for Bruce Millers and like you I find both them and R & B over priced and would never buy a guitar from either of them.

Which I suppose is a reason to have even less sympathy for the original poster, why buy a guitar from Bruce Millers in the first place, especially as they are having to order it? As far as I can see the only advantage of buying from there is that you would get to play it first, but you wouldn't even get to play it if they were ordering it. Might as well have gone mail order and saved a packet.

Guest Savant

Mr Mayhem, you are right to complain, not enough people do it in this country. both bruce millers and R and B are over priced anyway! i wouldnt buy a guitar in aberdeen!

If he wants to complain he should call them and complain to them. Whining on a messageboard isn't going to get his guitar any faster.

No, I don't work for Bruce Millers and like you I find both them and R & B over priced and would never buy a guitar from either of them.

Which I suppose is a reason to have even less sympathy for the original poster, why buy a guitar from Bruce Millers in the first place, especially as they are having to order it? As far as I can see the only advantage of buying from there is that you would get to play it first, but you wouldn't even get to play it if they were ordering it. Might as well have gone mail order and saved a packet.

Agreed.

i always get my basses through mail order.

The amount of money i saved on buying my rickenbacker through mail order, i had enuff left over to go and buy a fender precission MIM.:up:

of course you cant get a real rickenbacker bass in millers or R and B, but.....you can buy a real crap rickenbacker copy (which is probably illegal cause rickenbacker copyrite the design) in millers for some ridiculous amount of money, 500ish. it's called a rockinbetter:woohoo:

why buy a guitar from Bruce Millers in the first place, especially as they are having to order it? As far as I can see the only advantage of buying from there is that you would get to play it first, but you wouldn't even get to play it if they were ordering it. Might as well have gone mail order and saved a packet.

quoted for truth

the soondy in dundee is the way to go, good prices, they actually have some decent gear in stock and they can order most "nice"stuff in pretty quickly.

you also get 1 years interest free credit :D

hud at

saying that, you cant buy anglers weekly or a pint of milk from a real instrument retailer :D

Guest DustyDeviada
of course you cant get a real rickenbacker bass in millers or R and B, but.....you can buy a real crap rickenbacker copy (which is probably illegal cause rickenbacker copyrite the design) in millers for some ridiculous amount of money, 500ish. it's called a rockinbetter:woohoo:

That said, the Rockinbetter guitars are actually Tokai aren't they? So pretty smart guitars, although better bought somewhere other than Bruce Millers.

For those worried about buying something online, there is something called the Distance Sale of Goods Act or something, it means if you are unhappy with something you have bought online you can get your money back.

quoted for truth

the soondy in dundee is the way to go, good prices, they actually have some decent gear in stock and they can order most "nice"stuff in pretty quickly.

you also get 1 years interest free credit :D

hud at

saying that, you cant buy anglers weekly or a pint of milk from a real instrument retailer :D

We offer 1 year interest free credit as well.

I personally wouldn't buy a guitar without having played it first, but that's just me.