aberdeen-music

Drummer Available

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

Reasonably competent drummer, mid-30's, most recently with Kartta, decent amount of live experience, looking for a band.

Please note that this is a hobby for me so this means willingness to practice once a week and play something like a gig a month. Gigs outside Aberdeen would be cool but would need plenty notice and not be an overly frequent event due to personal commitments.

My music tastes are wide and varied but for examples of influences see the following -

The Jesus Lizard, Dirty Three, Shellac, Birthday Party, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, Galaxie 500, Mclusky, Queens Of The Stone Age, Interpol, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, early-Who, Nuggets, Mogwai, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana, Neu!, Mogwai, Sunn O))), 13th Floor Elevators, Tindersticks, Salaryman, Uncle John And Whitelock, Black Keys, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Sixteen Horsepower.

PM or whatever.

If you want to judge my competence level, my last gig with Kartta is on August 18th at The Moorings.

• 3 weeks later...

LOKi need a drummer

Hi,

If you are in the market for a band then our band is in the market for you. LOKi are a covers act based in Banchory. The Guitarist and Vocalist work full time in dyce. We are commited, but committed to staying at the leve lwe're at. Currently we have a couple of gigs a month up until New Year. The gigs aren't in Aberdeen city, but we are looking to play more often there.

Current set ranges through Thin Lizzy, to Snow Patrol via Black Crowes and Jimi Hendrix. Our problem with the current drummer is that he's too young so thirties sound good.

either PM me or visit lokitheband BEBO

Cheers

Reasonably competent drummer, mid-30's, most recently with Kartta, decent amount of live experience, looking for a band.

Please note that this is a hobby for me so this means willingness to practice once a week and play something like a gig a month. Gigs outside Aberdeen would be cool but would need plenty notice and not be an overly frequent event due to personal commitments.

My music tastes are wide and varied but for examples of influences see the following -

The Jesus Lizard, Dirty Three, Shellac, Birthday Party, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, Galaxie 500, Mclusky, Queens Of The Stone Age, Interpol, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, early-Who, Nuggets, Mogwai, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana, Neu!, Mogwai, Sunn O))), 13th Floor Elevators, Tindersticks, Salaryman, Uncle John And Whitelock, Black Keys, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Sixteen Horsepower.

PM or whatever.

If you want to judge my competence level, my last gig with Kartta is on August 18th at The Moorings.

Guest bluesxman
Hi,

If you are in the market for a band then our band is in the market for you. LOKi are a covers act based in Banchory. The Guitarist and Vocalist work full time in dyce. We are commited, but committed to staying at the leve lwe're at. Currently we have a couple of gigs a month up until New Year. The gigs aren't in Aberdeen city, but we are looking to play more often there.

Current set ranges through Thin Lizzy, to Snow Patrol via Black Crowes and Jimi Hendrix. Our problem with the current drummer is that he's too young so thirties sound good.

either PM me or visit lokitheband BEBO

Cheers

Hey,

Thanks for the interest, I am not looking for covers band involvement, I probably should have mentioned that, cheers though.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Would you like to join Massey Ferguson (formerly Tractor Pull)?

We ae totally rocking the forest.

Shame we are based in Belfast, but you could fly over once a week using the private jet you were able to buy with all the Karrta royalties.

Guest bluesxman

Sending Biz back to his own thread, I play for the fun of it and dont have such mercenary requirements..and Steven - perhaps if you named yourselves John Deer I may be interested, Massey Ferguson is a bit hi-brow for me.

Guest Steven Dedalus

The Massey Ferguson is the finest Tractor this country ever produced! (this country being Northern ireland)

it went on to be recognised as one of the best, if not THE best tractor in the world.

Harry Ferguson, the designer, is immortalised on our 20 notes.

Actually, I can't call my new band Massey Ferguson for two reasons:

1. It's a trademark, I believe.

2. Another local band already did it: Robyn G Sheilds and the Sons of Massey Ferguson.

So there.

Guest bluesxman
sorry for appearing nosey but why did you leave kartta?

Incompatibility between my available time to devote to the band and their aspirations basically, I could see me becoming a blocker to out of town activities especially and didnt want to become a constant source of frustration so decided to get out early and leave them to do their thing.

Incompatibility between my available time to devote to the band and their aspirations basically, I could see me becoming a blocker to out of town activities especially and didnt want to become a constant source of frustration so decided to get out early and leave them to do their thing.

Be honest. You just got fed up of being poked in the face by one of the 25 guitars... :)

drummer add

i see,... thats a shame... i think those guys are really going to miss you.

Guest Steven Dedalus
i see,... thats a shame... i think those guys are really going to miss you.

~sarcastic comment edited by the writer for the common good~

Guest bluesxman
Be honest. You just got fed up of being poked in the face by one of the 25 guitars... :)

Heh, drum kits provide a nice shield.I actually caused more jeopardy with flying sticks in small practice rooms

Guest Steven Dedalus
Chucking a stick off the back of a guitarists head whilst he is mid noodle and then saying 'sorry it slipped' is one of life's small pleasures

Does anyone else remember that gig at the Lemon Tree where Masamune were playing, and Al chucked his guitar down at the end of it, and then Rory stood up and made a massive point of petulantly throwing down his drum sticks?

The man was a god. Still is, from what I hear.

Does anyone else remember that gig at the Lemon Tree where Masamune were playing, and Al chucked his guitar down at the end of it, and then Rory stood up and made a massive point of petulantly throwing down his drum sticks?

Yes. That was hilarious.

Guest Steven Dedalus
i think you will find that it was never edited and was certainly not sarcastic.

I think you will find that the writer wrote a VERY sarcastic (and possibly upsetting) comment, and then thought better of it and deleted the whole thing.

Guest bluesxman
I think you will find that the writer wrote a VERY sarcastic (and possibly upsetting) comment, and then thought better of it and deleted the whole thing.

Steven, why would you have wanted to upset me you oaf!

Guest Steven Dedalus

No! It wasn't you, it would have been about someone else.

Referring to the concept that once yer out of the band, you cease to exist.

I'm not naming names, but Rob knows who he is.