aberdeen-music

Feedback on Multi-track Recording / Midi Sequencing courses ?

• 4 weeks later...

ace fun!

the pc's look really cool. the setup is a basic sb live that has the soundfonts hardwired onto the soundcard, with a midi controller keyboard hooked up to it.

we are using cubasis version something or other, it's like a cut down version of cubase or something.

we got a brief description of what midi is and what it is used for, some instruction on the terminology used in cubasis like having different tracks (i.e. like any other multitracking program), different channels (channels have different midi patches, i.e. piano, harpsichord, gunshot, tweety birdy), and how to copy and paste bits of the track, etc.

we were basically let loose to create tunes on the computers for around an hour or something. i created a theme tune ideal for a children's bbc cartoon involving pets flying in hot air balloons during the french revolution etc. etc.

oh yeah and channel 10 is special, it's for drums, so that if you send your midi file to someone else, it will always play some sort of drum track, even if the midi patches are different.