aberdeen-music

kartta + corleone + cuddly shark + no pasaran

myspace.com/karttamusic - myspace.com/corleoneuk - myspace.com/cuddlyshark - myspace.com/nopasaran1

Kartta is a band. And they are obsessed with: volume, rhythm, atmosphere, and melody. Theyre influenced by Explosions In The Sky, ... Trail Of Dead, Husker Du, The Cure, Talking Heads, Joy

Division, Mogwai, Velvet Underground, My Bloody Valentine, Deerhoof, Uncle John & Whitelock, and a whole host of others. They write a lot of songs about books, I seem to recall.

Their set is packed with little spine tingling moments of beautiful melody, packed tight against big, hard edged soundscapes. Like the very best of bands such as Sonic Youth and Mogwai,

they etch out little moments of heart-swelling beauty from tough, rapturous noise that can make you melt with joy. Just when you think that the song has run its course, the band, perfectly

in tune with each other, look round and then unleash another supernova-like sound that grabs the attention of every punter in the pub. - a live review of Corleone.

Cuddly Shark are as original as they come! They play hard! they play loud! They do power chords everywhere (so not really that original) and most the time they play bad! They hail from the

Northeast of Scotland, but are now based in Glasgow. They play songs that are fun to them. Covered in influences, but you'll know which ones when you hear the songs.

Formed from the ashes of lost hopes and broken dreams by a collection of overeducated and underemployed misanthropes and malcontents, No Pasaran want to be remembered.

Guest idol_wild

For anyone who is interested: this gig will be drummer Martin's last ever Kartta gig. Therefore, if you want to catch us before we become eternally drummerless, you better head on down. And buy Martin lots of drinks so he gets so inebriated that we can make him change his mind. :up:

Guest idol_wild

We've been changed to first on, thank goodness.

So I'm guessing, approximately:

Kartta: 8.30

Cuddly Shark: 9.30

Corleone (who are fucking top notch, by the way): 10.30

No Pasaran: 11.30

Guest Steven Dedalus
Brian, your posters are always terrific.

I would never have allowed that poster in my day. SHARKS = EVIL.

Shame about Martin, but I'm sure he's on to pastures new. Make it a good one.

Bunch of dicks....

Guest idol_wild
Is this just so you guys can get as drunk as possible afterwards?

Pretty much. I think it was at Martin's request. But we were all very happy when it was confirmed, for obvious reasons!!

Guest idol_wild
I would never have allowed that poster in my day. SHARKS = EVIL.

Shame about Martin, but I'm sure he's on to pastures new. Make it a good one.

Bunch of dicks....

Massive shame about Martin, if we're honest. But I don't want to praise him too highly, y'know. He reads this shit! :popcorn:

We'll do our best, for sure.

You bell-nosher.

I heard that Cuddly Shark were great

They weren't. Distinctly average, couple of decent songs but the rest were forgettable. Corleone were ace though, as were Kartta. I was quite drunk by the time No Pasaran came on though so didn't pay them the attention they deserved.