aberdeen-music

Bands Needed!

musicq

Tribute bands need not apply as a new search is set to unearth the real future of British music.

mobileAct unsigned, the first show to appear on both T4 and 4music, promises gigs, a tour, TV exposure and a major record deal to the cream of Britains untapped music talent in its search to find the freshest unsigned act in the country.

The search will be led by a panel of well-known artists and industry experts and is open to musicians from all genres, from hip hop to rock, who write and perform their own original music and can prove they deserve the ultimate prize. Alex Zane has been confirmed as the host.

Initial auditions for the 12 week TV series will take place via the mobileAct website (mobileAct unsigned :: Welcome) where unsigned bands can submit their own tracks and videos before the best 50 are invited to filmed auditions.

The series will kick off on Channel 4 with a unique mobileAct unsigned music festival and UK tour where the chosen musicians will perform to raise support from fans and impress the judges as they battle it out to win places in the live final. Along the way they will receive master classes from their idols and learn the inside track on how to make it in the industry.

To stand a chance to be one of 50 bands auditioned for the show, bands/crews should upload their own material to mobileAct unsigned :: Welcome from 10th July 2007. All entries must be in by August 5th 2007.

Hello guys, just a quick update for you.

It's just been confirmed that Jo Whiley has been appointed as one of the judges, and the deadline for entering the competition has been extended a week - 12th August is now the last day to enter. The prize has also been confirmed - it's a record deal with a major label with a guaranteed Single and Album release and a video for the single. The record deal will include a cash advance and recording costs for making the album.

If you've been meaning to enter, but haven't quite got round to it, then pop over to mobileAct unsigned :: Welcome and register right now.

Cheers!

mobileACT

which of my idols would be giving me a master class? can i get it guaranteed that one of my idols will be there should we win? :)

looks like an okay competition if that's what you want out of music. not sure it's for us though but i'll no doubt watch the show when i'm hungover on a sunday. what's the bets that it's only good looking teenage groups that appear on it if it's a t4 show :p

might be worth doing just to bop alex zane on the nose, he's well annoying.

Guest Steven Dedalus
what's the bets that it's only good looking teenage groups that appear on it if it's a t4 show :p

Are you saying that Karrta aren't a bunch of teenage heart throbs?

That's it, I'm tearing down all my Karrta posters of my bedroom wall.

Sell-outs.

Guest Steven Dedalus
we had posters? no one told me about that, i'm sure if kartta were asked to attend a photoshoot for some hip teenage magazine which gives out posters in the middle like look-in(remember that?) then they'd tell me right? right? shit.

There always was a touch of the McFly about Karrta.

You were the cute one Dave.

Hi all,

Just a very quick message to let you know that voting's now open on the mobileACT site. The top 25 bands based on fan votes will automatically go through to the next round, and the judges will be picking another 25 to go through.

Each day you can vote for as many of your favourite mobileAct unsigned bands as you want but you can only cast one vote per band per day. You need to register as a fan on the site to start voting - you can do that right here:

mobileAct unsigned :: Register

When voting is finished, we'll announce the final 50 bands on the website, and get in touch with everyone individually. If you've entered, then you might wanna post below and let people know - so they can vote for you :)

Good luck to all!

- mobileACT

mobileAct unsigned :: Welcome

Hi all,

Just a very quick message to let you know that voting's now open on the mobileACT site. The top 25 bands based on fan votes will automatically go through to the next round, and the judges will be picking another 25 to go through.

Each day you can vote for as many of your favourite mobileAct unsigned bands as you want but you can only cast one vote per band per day. You need to register as a fan on the site to start voting - you can do that right here:

mobileAct unsigned :: Register

When voting is finished, we'll announce the final 50 bands on the website, and get in touch with everyone individually. If you've entered, then you might wanna post below and let people know - so they can vote for you :)

Good luck to all!

- mobileACT

mobileAct unsigned :: Welcome

Do you not get the hint?

everyone vote for forever tied, it would be amazing to bring our brutal metal/hardcore/grindcore to the T4 audience plus Hog i will give you a tenner and a pint if i can bop that alex zane cunt on the nose on live tv haha

we just entered for a laugh like, i reckon it will be a lovely indie new crop preatty boy band comp anyway!

but imagine it would be a laugh hahaha

everyone vote for forever tied, it would be amazing to bring our brutal metal/hardcore/grindcore to the T4 audience plus Hog i will give you a tenner and a pint if i can bop that alex zane cunt on the nose on live tv haha

we just entered for a laugh like, i reckon it will be a lovely indie new crop preatty boy band comp anyway!

but imagine it would be a laugh hahaha

Sounds like a plan haha:up: