aberdeen-music

The Snake Temple Kings - New tracks

palmer_eldritch

Alright folks. Got a couple of more songs for your listening pleasure, hopefully.

The vocals are still unfinished in these tracks, but we thought we'd get some feedback on what we've done so far. The two new tracks I've put up are, "Round and Round" and "Where did you go?" (which is the re-recording of a previous effort). Hopefully I'll be able to put up the rest of our Trilogy up soon also.

As far as i can tell at the moment, only one of the new songs has actually processed but given a short while, both songs should be available for you to listen to.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of our tracks so far. It's always appreciated :up:

Cheers

Rory

Oops, almost forgot the link. . . www.myspace.com/thesnaketemplekings

Hey man , i gave the new tracks a listen , very cool its like floyd have been reborn in your music, could do with some vocals(im sure you probably know that) just to stop the tracks from bein percieved as jam tracks and not actual songs.

Thats just a minor drawback tho becuase what you have there is undoubtedly the best prog rock sound in aberdeen(probably scotland as well) , very full sound (even sax! lol), honestly i think you guys have somethin special there, keep it up! and let me know when your next gig is!! i want in!

:up:

Rory,

Can you tell me what hardware/software synth you used on the track - Our Vision? It is a convincing emulation of the real thing.

Al F

Andy uses a Roland RD 170 digital piano for the organ, Roland JP-8000 synth for the soundscapes and lead parts.

There is a real flute in that track too.

Sounding great guys, can't wait to hear it with the vocals in.

• 3 weeks later...

As always, I'm really enjoying what you guys are doing. I love the warm sound that you can only get with real instruments and proper analogue synths. All the playing is top notch and very groovy. I particularly like the sax and flute but I still can't get over the fact that you guys have AN ACTUAL MELLOTRON on there. Sounds fantastic!

"Round & Round" has a great intro and I really dig the guitar solo, but seems to end too quickly. Was this intentional or is there more to come? Just feels like the ideas could have been developed a bit more.

"Where Did You Go?" is awesome, very nice Canterbury vibe about it. Wearing your Gong influence on your sleeves, it seems, but without being derivative. Special mention to the bass playing on this track, it's great stuff. Richard Sinclair would be proud.

Keep up the good work, guys. Aberdeen needs you.

PS. Have you guys heard "Space Shanty" by Khan? It's the album that Steve Hillage recorded with Dave Stewart before he joined Gong. I think you would really get a kick out of it.

Hi there!

The version of One Vision I over dubbed on to at home doesn't feature a real Mellotron, rather it's the E-MU Classic Keys module(see pic). It sounds pretty good mixed in with other instruments, but not so convincing on it's own.

classickeys.jpg

I like the playing on your tracks, the saxophonist especially has a great tone, but I'm not so keen on the vocals I'm afraid. They are the weakest part of your set up imo and don't match the greatness of the instrumental playing.

Philip :up:

Cheers for the feedback

Yeah, the vocals are the one part I'm also unsure about. They have been growing on me, but i don't feel they should really have to, so if anyone else has an opinion on them let us know.

And yeah I have heard "Space Shanty" A generous fellow not long ago gave me his copy on LP - in stunning condition as well. This was a really moving moment for me. :up:

The album is good, but i still prefer his later works. Got the remastered "open" on cd, and apart from the few absolutely dreadful tracks, there are some real crackers on there :gringo:

Just bought a copy of Hawkwind's "levitation" on LP. Has been discontinued for ages on CD, but found a copy on ebay. Yes!!!!

Anyway, more feedback on our work so far is very welcome guys

Cheers

Really like this band.

Round and Round - Prog Rock is about the sudden changes to some extent (listen to ELP or Yes) and this track has this done well. Don't think that is a valid critism.

Where did you Go - I remember this as 'song 1' I think it was called. This recording sounds much better (the original sounded really good also and this is an improvement upon that).

Real Mellatron is an impressive thing to come by. I have software sample from M-Audio/GForce called M-Tron

M-AUDIO - GForce M-Tron - Virtual Vintage Keyboard

Look forward to seeing The Snake Temple Kings live again. Was really good last time.

Keep up the good work.

• 11 months later...

Hey again folks. Just got round to putting up the final mixes of three of our tracks, Round and round, Ad Nauseam, and Where did you go? There are some new bits added to the tracks, subtle synth pads, sax and even poetry :gringo: All tracks recorded and mixed at Musical Vision. Let us know what you think of the mixes n everything.

Thank you

Rory

Guest idol_wild

I really like the ambient opening and build-up on Round and Round.

This is not strictly my cup of tea, but I find the sudden changes of tempo to be too incohesive, especially on Ad Nauseum.

You've got a very classic overall sound (probably down to the organs and the guitar solos) that I can't help but associate with prog. So for me, it's a bit too generic.

But I totally appreciate the musicianship involved.

• 8 months later...

Ok. I've put a song up with our new singer, Sandy.

Changed the lyrics too and its now called "Where did SHE go?". I heard sex sells 8-)

But his voice has certainly made a lot of difference to the song, and I hope you all like it.

Should be more new tunes to follow shortly. Well... shortlyish.

The Snake Temple Kings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Ok. I've put a song up with our new singer, Sandy.

Changed the lyrics too and its now called "Where did SHE go?". I heard sex sells 8-)

But his voice has certainly made a lot of difference to the song, and I hope you all like it.

Should be more new tunes to follow shortly. Well... shortlyish.

The Snake Temple Kings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Sounds good with Sandy's soulful voice. Look forward to hearing the rest.

• 4 weeks later...