aberdeen-music

T in the Park 2008 Headliners

glennbuchan

it won't be muse for sure. they've finished touring the new album in the uk.

When leaving the AECC last Novemeber drummer said "We'll see you next summer" which lets be honest could only mean that they were playing T in The Park 2007.

So that would mean the weekend of T, they would play T and then Oxegen, however in 2007, they played Oxegen on Saturday, then on Sunday they had to play some Danish Festival which meant that the T line-up wasn't strong enough so they added a Friday night to make up for it.

That was my understanding anyway?

it'll be bands that have already played T a few times before but have got a bit more popular, a la Killers / Franz style. which makes it uninspiring. they should really try to change the bands from year to year, i find myself going to see the same folk every other year, which also helps as i don't mind missing some of the bands i've already seen twice at T, a la Killers / Snow Patrol.

anyway it'll mean The View or The Fratellis will be playing again?? and surely others i can't be bothered thinking about...

Um..

Can't see it being Kaisers as they're doing Meadowbank. Radiohead and Blur will probably do Glasto.

I'd imagine Franz will probably be one of them, possibly Muse as another. Stereophonics seem to be making a huge comeback just now as well. Biffy will probably be quite high up and with Bloc Party doing exhibition centres they'll also probably be quite high up.

There's also talk of Stone Roses and Led Zeppelin reformations;and there's The Verve.

Plenty of possibilities.

Green Day not due another record?