aberdeen-music

snake temple kings , crake , lazy sheepdog , panda eyes [ acoustic ]

Thanks to everyone who came along to this, there was more folk than I expected, especially for a Sunday night.

Lazy Sheepdog was an odd proposition, but not in a bad way. He reminded me sort of Sparklehorse, and full marks for writing lyrics about Panda Eyes for the last song!

I enjoyed Crake too, apologies for the innappropriate Lou Carpenter laughing from myself which echoed through the Tunnels at a particularly quiet moment, I was laughing at some unrelated quipping.

The Snake Temple Kings were ace I would have to say. I don't usually like such proggy music, but it was done with such enthusiasm I don't think there was anyone there who didn't enjoy it. There aren't many bands that can pull off Pink Floyd covers and not make me want to gouge my ears out with an ice cream scoop either.

Fun was had by all, and now I feel like a pig shat in my head.

There aren't many bands that can pull off Pink Floyd covers and not make me want to gouge my ears out with an ice cream scoop either.

Aw I was so glee-stricken when those first PF chords rang out that I almost had to run to the toilets but I didn't want to miss it so I just peed in my pants. :) I also gained pleasure from trying to keep up with their time signatures in that long een. Very nice gig!

It's a 'Shapelywood'.... they're travel guitars made in Cardiff. The one I use live has suffered abuse from me in the past, but still works. I've also got a nylon strung one I occasionally play live, but mostly use for recording.

I enjoyed all the sets on Sunday...a nice variety of sounds, all round. The Crake set was a bit nerve-racking, being the first gig. I'm only helping out on guitar temporarily...once they're 'up & running' I'll drop out. My input on Sunday was pretty minimal.

Looking forward to seeing the electric version of Panda Eyes (although I'll miss the Mia Riddle one, as I'm out of town that night).