aberdeen-music

Opinions required Make Model free download!

CC001

Hi guys, wondered if you could help me out by giving me your opinion on Make Model. Theyre a band making waves in their native Glasgow, but their sound is pretty tough to pin down: they were described on NME.com as a bunch of genius folk bastards whilst Gigwise has them down as a big shiny, thumping pop band of the highest order. Theyve performed alongside the likes of Franz Ferdinand & Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah and have a series of gigs over the summer, including Thursday 2nd Aug @ Cabaret Voltaire, Edinburgh and Friday 3rd Aug @ Barfly Glasgow.

Anyhow, would really like to know how you would describe them, in fact in return for your views I can offer you a free download of their single Glasgows #1 Most Wanted, just click the banner below & follow the instructions at the bottom of the page (you can also hear more tracks on the music player in the top right).

1506.jpg

Guest idol_wild

Personally, I don't like them much. I know several people, including bandmates, who really do take an interest in them. But for me, their epic folk musings are just not epic or folk enough.

They're also like the boy-band of the Glasgow alternative scene. Two gigs in and BANG! They're playing every alternative festival under the sun.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Personally, I don't like them much. I know several people, including bandmates, who really do take an interest in them. But for me, their epic folk musings are just not epic or folk enough.

They're also like the boy-band of the Glasgow alternative scene. Two gigs in and BANG! They're playing every alternative festival under the sun.

I'm always very suspicious of any band that 'gets big' out of nowhere ?( how does it happen?