aberdeen-music

Derek Young back at Pittodrie

Lemonade

What do we think of this?

After spells with Dunfermiline, and a year in the first division with St Johnstone and Partick, is he good enough to pull on the Red shirt? And if so, why did we sell him in the first place?

I don't hold out much hope for him, I reckon he'll be with us a season, not make much impact and we'll punt him back to somewhere in Div 1. Tho we need soomeone to fill the all important "unused sub" role now we've sold Jamie Winter and probably Dan Smith. Plus Touzani might actualy get a start now Anderson's gone so we need to fill that subs bench!

Crivens, a positive Dons supporter. Gettin!

I'm positive Derek Young is shite.

I can only think that chi 666 was taking the piss or never saw him play last time.

To be honest the signing doesn't bother me. He's been told he might not get a game, so he's obviously just been signed as cover for everyone else and I don't imagine we're paying him all that much (he wasn't exactly in a strong bargaining position).

A bunch of young lads showed Young how to get about the park tonight. Some sharp looking talent in that young squad

Oh aye have to agree with you there.

Young was just boring, even Brewster had a more exciting game.

Chris Maguire was man of the match for me though, working his arse off to get the ball and showed some skill.

"Please keep the children off the pitch"

young was annonymous tonight really.

i think tonight we basically seen the youth team + the 'first teamers' that havent been picked for Saturday. it looks like we've got some bright talent coming through the ranks - i thought everyone played really well, Jonathan Kurrant controlled the midfield and scored a great goal and i also thought Strachan (no.5) and McVittie (2) had great games.

Maguire was a class act tonight though. 2 great goals and plenty of good runs AND (something i think thats hes been lacking) was very unselfish on a number of occasions. must be played up front of he's going to be used next season though as he is wasted on the wing.

"There will no re - admittance at half time

Which means if you go out you won't get back in."

Fully unneccessary explanation!

Folk booing Young before he even kicked a ball showed just how fucking stupid some of our fans are. Okay, we've seen him before and we know he's nae that great, but at least give him a chance. Funny how they went all quiet when asked why there booing. He was all but anonymous and looked far from being fit / sharp / first team standard.

Touzani was a class above last night. His Cruyff turn was the highlight for me.

Maguire was brilliant too and Brewster should have scored more than the two he got. Very good shift from Special Brew. McVitie and Payton are prospects.

News from the Cooncil mole -

Lovell is unhappy at not getting in the first team - he may be on his way.

Seve may well be playing centre half with McNamara in midfield. Jamie Smith might join him in the middle with Clark and Nicholson out wide.

Jimmy loves Lee Mair and sees him as one of our top defenders now.

de Visscher won't be a first team pick as Jimmy can't bring himself to put his golden boys Clark, Nicholson or Smith on the bench.

Langfield is finished. he got pished in Egypt and Jimmy will take the first offer for him.

Interesting stuff. I just hope we win on Saturday! Bring it on!

Seve may well be playing centre half with McNamara in midfield. Jamie Smith might join him in the middle with Clark and Nicholson out wide.

Really don't see why he'd choose to do it that way. I've always thought Severin's wasted when he's played at centre-back. Just can't second guess Tango.

Guest idol_wild

On the topic of Scott Severin, I think he is one of the finest midfielders in Scotland, outside the Old Farm. If he plays regularly at centre-half, I'll reconsider going to most of the games this season. That is blatant mismanagement.

As for Derek Young - he's not a talented footballer, but he's a character in the dressing room. He knows the club inside out, grew up with many of the lads, and he's a cheeky joker. He'll be good for morale, if nothing else. We ought to give him support when he comes on the pitch. And besides, I'd rather have him running around in midfield than Gary Dempsey.