aberdeen-music

Capdown callin' it a day

They have turned well shite anyway. It's about time.

We can agree to disagree but Wind Up Toys included many fine moments, and as I think their recent performance at Moshulu proved, Capdown were still a force to be reckoned with. Yes, their more recent output may not be of the same standard as their two quite outstanding full lengths Civil Disobedients and Pound For The Sound, but I wouldn't simply write 'em off. Act Your Rage, New Revolutionaries, and indeed their latest full length, are still far superior to most other sounds out there.

Saddening.

I was actually thinking about them for the first time in ages last night, watching the incredibly energetic The Fraction at tunnels. I thought about digging out "Civil Disobedients" and giving it a spin.

I side with the Kernel Loaf on this one... mind you, I'm affa for going off bands when they become more popular (or populist) - tsssk!

Having said that, when I saw them as a 14 year old going to one of my first punk shows, all alone at the Glasgow Cathouse, I was able to forget my nerves by witnessing an amazing, energetic performance... fucking great! "Unite To Progress" still gets the goosebumps popping up too. ahhh.

All is not lost for fans of their "Wind Up Toys" (2007) album, though: they are touring in October before calling it a day.

Final Tour 2007

October

22nd Glasgow - King tuts