aberdeen-music

lexmark printers

Noir

How much are you thinking on spending?

I bought an HP all-in-one job (scanner and printer) for about 45. It's excellent for printing text (it's fast etc) and it's fairly good for photos and scanning too. And the ink is fairly cheap compared to others.

HP Photosmart C3180 if you're interested.

Cheers,

Craig.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i can't think of more than once that I've needed to get Lexmark out to fix a printer at my work, and I would run out of fingers and toes to count the HP stuff that's gone down the shitter. true that there are more HP than Lexmark printers in use there, and i very much doubt that the printers in question would be suitable or affordable enough for home use, but I wouldn't exactly say it's as black and white as people are making it out to be here - then again, they've surely had years of experience dealing with all sorts of brands of printer and would be totally qualified to answer any questions about the build and reliability of them all.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

this thread is terrible, people are suggesting high output laserjets for businesses, what the fuck is wrong with you all? if solution_devices doesn't clarify his question by explaining what he needs one for, someone should just close this thread.

this thread is terrible, people are suggesting high output laserjets for businesses, what the fuck is wrong with you all? if solution_devices doesn't clarify his question by explaining what he needs one for, someone should just close this thread.

i did, i just need a cheap printer for text, like essays and stuff.

lexmark aren't reknowned for their high quality output but I'd imagine for what you're needing it for it'd do the job. They're pretty reliable as well so it should keep you going for a good while.

If it's just text for essays and letters etc you're best to go and compare the prices of the actual ink-cartridges. In my experience that's where you can get really ripped off by the manufacturer.

hope that helps, if not we'd better get someone in to close this one...:up: