aberdeen-music

venues on the whisky trail

remington blastcap

Our guitarist might be able to help you out on that one. We have a 6 seater Ford van with a large back area for gear. We've used it for tours for the last 2years, and to give you an idea of the size; it can easily fit full drum kit, 3 amps, 6 guitars/bass, pedal and lead cases, as well as bags of clothes etc.

He might be able to do your driving for you if it ties in with his work for a small fee of course

Failing that, he might be able to loan you the van if you have the relevant insurance. Its based in Elgin just now...

I'll PM you his number in case you want to take up this offer

Also: Donnie has done driving for us in the past, so might be up for doing the driving?? Not sure if you know him? Posts as MORDRED i think

Sounds like a good plan. If based in Elgin and Donnie (i know him well) or Marshall is up for it then we have the backline. 6 seats though. That's 1 band. ie all of Bonesaw + driver. where are the 4 SPDer's gonna sit?? I fear my car might be needed... but i wanna be in the van!!!

I'll call yer man once we have all spoken about dates for said mini-tour. Also have to look at the budget.

Cheers for the help once again Ross!

Bazz

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Bear in mind this all has to be finalised, don't want to fall into the HogisNOTbald trap of agreeing to do heaps of stuff in theory and actually doing fuck all when it comes down to it, at one stage he was all for gigging in Belgium. Still need to suss if we can all do it, and whether Dave's being serious or not...

The idea's growing on me though, like a malevolent fungus.

Bear in mind this all has to be finalised, don't want to fall into the HogisNOTbald trap of agreeing to do heaps of stuff in theory and actually doing fuck all when it comes down to it, at one stage he was all for gigging in Belgium. Still need to suss if we can all do it, and whether Dave's being serious or not...

of course i'm serious! besides the issues you guys raised about transport another possible problem is the PA issue, about 70% of the places i phoned either had a pa in house that we could use or new someone we could get one from- but i was just making initial enquiries, it might be best financially and logistically to hire a PA for a week- this removes the problem of walking into dufftown, getting a chipper and then finding out that Kev/boaby/greamme had ranover the house PA the day before......

loads oh stuff to think about.

the tour t shirts would look great for a start....

a just thought, craig fae spike allways mentions a gig in shetland.......

of course i'm serious! besides the issues you guys raised about transport another possible problem is the PA issue, about 70% of the places i phoned either had a pa in house that we could use or new someone we could get one from- but i was just making initial enquiries, it might be best financially and logistically to hire a PA for a week- this removes the problem of walking into dufftown, getting a chipper and then finding out that Kev/boaby/greamme had ranover the house PA the day before......

Our guitarist (who i've mentioned has the van), also has a PA. Has been hired quite a few times in the Elgin/Inverness area for gigs. Has handled venues of upto 400-500 capacity, which I think was for an Enter Shikari show in Sneck.

I feel like a pimp just now.

Our guitarist (who i've mentioned has the van), also has a PA. Has been hired quite a few times in the Elgin/Inverness area for gigs. Has handled venues of upto 400-500 capacity, which I think was for an Enter Shikari show in Sneck.

I feel like a pimp just now.

we'll get you a laminate. access to the back stage tractor pulling on the Huntly gig.

i even phoned Glennfiddich distillery to see if they were interested in sponsoring the gigs....i'm waiting for an e mail-- strangely they seemed really interested, when i mentioned it was agood oppertunity to allign the brand with underground cutting edge guitar music. i had to fight back the urge to giggle on the phone...

Glenfiddich you say? haha That is Jeeve's employer that is! Jeeves also has a PA which i am 50% owner of. Would not be a problem as said PA is already in Dufftown. Main issue is the logistics and getting said venues to agree on which nights you wanna play. I mean... is it really worth playing Foggie on a Monday night? haha and obviously budget. I dunno about the SPD guys but Bonesaw canna afford to splash the cash on getting to wee toons for a tin of Tennants and a beating fae local Punch drunkards.

This is turning into an Element thread though... Can't we talk about this like MEN, with mouths and ears? haha

Bazz

is it really worth playing Foggie on a Monday night? haha and obviously budget. I dunno about the SPD guys but Bonesaw canna afford to splash the cash on getting to wee toons for a tin of Tennants and a beating fae local Punch drunkards.

Thats my worry. You'd really need to personally myspace every single metal fan in the moray area, committing them and all their friends to attending the gig. If its not during the school holidays or in a pub that allows over 14 or over 16, you are scunnered in my opinion. Over 18s, in general, for some reason never make an effort to go to gigs in Moray. However, under 18s love live metal. The amount of times i've heard kids say to me whilst working, who's the loudest band ever: Metallica or Slayer?? (Blank expressions were their response to my suggestion of Part Chimp). If one 16 year old metal fan thinks of going along, he'll bring his metal loving girlfriend and 8 of his metal loving mates. Loads of online promotion required, with a smattering of posters and flyers.

This is just my experience though. I've put on gigs in Elgin/Forres/Inverness for the last 5 years on and off, and there's been heaps of interest at times (600 people for a couple of local band gigs) and no interest at all (20 people 2 years later, with same lineup as the 600 show), without explanation. However, the one common aspect i've noticed is that its at least 75% under 18's, that have gone to our gigs. Worth considering...?

Anyways, I'll leave you to it. If you need any other info on the Moray area, i'm here if you want. Otherwise, i'll leave you to it.

Good luck :up:

Im wayyy better now. I Just do fuck all and don't promise to do anything.:laughing:

Thats my worry. You'd really need to personally myspace every single metal fan in the moray area, committing them and all their friends to attending the gig. If its not during the school holidays or in a pub that allows over 14 or over 16, you are scunnered in my opinion. Over 18s, in general, for some reason never make an effort to go to gigs in Moray. However, under 18s love live metal. The amount of times i've heard kids say to me whilst working, who's the loudest band ever: Metallica or Slayer?? (Blank expressions were their response to my suggestion of Part Chimp). If one 16 year old metal fan thinks of going along, he'll bring his metal loving girlfriend and 8 of his metal loving mates. Loads of online promotion required, with a smattering of posters and flyers.

This is just my experience though. I've put on gigs in Elgin/Forres/Inverness for the last 5 years on and off, and there's been heaps of interest at times (600 people for a couple of local band gigs) and no interest at all (20 people 2 years later, with same lineup as the 600 show), without explanation. However, the one common aspect i've noticed is that its at least 75% under 18's, that have gone to our gigs. Worth considering...?

Anyways, I'll leave you to it. If you need any other info on the Moray area, i'm here if you want. Otherwise, i'll leave you to it.

Good luck :up:

yeah this has been noted with Donnie N Co's Elgin shows.. If the place allows underagers then it'll be busy. But only if you are able to let the kids know in the first place.. It is a toughy and a reason i ain't delved into these area's before. You really need people on the ground level in said toons willing to do the work with flyering etc. Yeah there is the net but i ain't searching through 8000 friends to find a handful of Morayshire folks.. If it even says they are on there profile!! But back to point... these people don't exist! Or are few and far between. Mr Mordred certainly seemed to have his ways of letting who needed to know... know for the Man Must Die gig but now lack of Venue has put end to Elgin shows. Unless Dave has discovered otherwise.