aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donald

[GIG] Scott Walker: 30 Century Man @ The Belmont Picturehouse

Guest Donald

Scott Walker: 30 Century Man (12A)

Director: Stephen Kijak Origin: United Kingdom, United States Year: 2007 Duration: 106 Starring: Marc Almond, David Bowie, Scott Walker, Jarvis Cocker, Alison Goldfrapp, Damon Albarn, Brian Eno

A former 60s pop icon widely held as a musical genius, Walkers influence is brilliantly charted in a series of interviews with British musics great and good including Brian Eno, Damon Albarn and Alison Goldfrapp. With the release of Walkers The Drift earlier this year, SCOTT WALKER: 30 CENTURY MAN is as timely as it is idiosyncratic. The film also boasts a rare and candid interview with Walker himself among the talking heads, as well as exclusive footage of him recording in the studio. Less enigmatic than you might imagine, Walker is self-deprecating and insightful, and even displays the odd flash of humour. An enthralling portrait of a major and uncompromising artist.

Weds 1st Aug - 21:00

Thurs 2nd Aug - 16:00, 18:30

01224343536 or www.picturehouses.co.uk for more information.

:up:But when yours breaks down at the end of its pre-ordained time, I'll still have my chewed up tape! (And I'll copy it for you onto whatever replaces hard-drives....assuming I'm not dead, of course)

Great film though:love: