aberdeen-music

frank butcher is dead

lepeep

Diesel's thread title was better though, and could have been immense if only Mike Reid was fae Peterheid.

Yes - I've been waiting for ages for the opportunity. Shame it had to be at the expense of a real legend.

Mike's the lucky one though, he won't have to sit through tribute, after tear-stained tribute as the Eastenders "Stars" (two episodes in the background of the Queen Vic), come out the woodwork to tell us all what a lovely, genuine bloke he was.

That plus the cheesy Sun/Star/Sport play-on-words banner headlines.

Then there'll be the funeral cortege, with all the cunts who never knew him bawlin' their wee eyes out, telling us that they are "still in shock" or are "devastated".

* sorry, one celeb funeral too many for me, I'll shut up now *

R.I.P Mike

Guest DustyDeviada

Maybe they'll show some episodes of The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club by way of tribute to Reid and Manning.

I heard 70s comedians always die in threes though, Frank Carson and Stan Boardman are shitting themselves.

Maybe they'll show some episodes of The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club by way of tribute to Reid and Manning.

I heard 70s comedians always die in threes though, Frank Carson and Stan Boardman are shitting themselves.

* crosses fingers of both hands * Boardman, Boardman, Boardman!

Worst.

"Comedian".

Ever.

he had a medical just two weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health!

he was great in 'snatch' as well - sure he always played the same type of 'frank butcher' type character but he always did it so damn well!!!!

i hope they write 'you doughnut ricky' on his tombstone... or 'change places NOW!'

he had a medical just two weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health!

he was great in 'snatch' as well - sure he always played the same type of 'frank butcher' type character but he always did it so damn well!!!!

'

Jeez - that's scary!

Snatch - I love it when he goes "Cousin Avi!" and Denis Farina says "Shut up and sit down you big, bald fuck!"

Another epitaph might be "Pat, Pat, wotcha doin' to me Pat?"

Guest Steven Dedalus

I feel amazed and saddened that the death of Frank butcher provokes such a response, but Ingmar Bergman's demise hardly warrants a mention. I know Eastenders is very depressing, but it's got nothing on Bergman.

I feel amazed and saddened that the death of Frank butcher provokes such a response, but Ingmar Bergman's demise hardly warrants a mention. I know Eastenders is very depressing, but it's got nothing on Bergman.

Are you surprised? - most of the morons who inhabit this sinking ship of a country (the UK) won't have a clue who Bergman is...

...unless he was the guy who played Wilmot-Brown (Wilmohhht-Braaaaaahn) in Eastender, of course.

bergman was good but didnt invent phrases such as 'dry slap' and 'double yoker' and didn't go round calling people 'pilchards' and 'doughnuts'. come to think of it he didnt wear a trilby or present runaround...

i am so glad and reassured that i am so shallow i am more upset at the passing of the great Mike Reid....

or sell dodgy used cars the sign of a true legend :)

Well, that's my legendary status covered then!

...and not for my ham-fisted guitar playing either.

Ah!, those days in the Motor Trade - Frank Butcher could have been modelled on my old boss, a guy who actually used the following cliches...

"Cutting me own 'froat here..."

"Me old muvvah wanted this one..."

"I'm, cutting me 'ands off, cutting me 'ands off, I am"

Big Jim - what a guy!

Guest DustyDeviada

...unless he was the guy who played Wilmot-Brown (Wilmohhht-Braaaaaahn) in Eastender, of course.

Ah, I'm with you now. In that case, I'd say Bergman's finest work was The Dagmar.