aberdeen-music

Games everyone's looking forward to?

Rass

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I was waitingly patiently for "The Darkness" (PS3), but now I've got it, I'm completely underwhelmed. It's as shite as it's musical namesake, the inexorably shitey "pop" band.

I've been playing The Darkness on 360 this week and I love it. It's a bit easy, but the visuals are stunning, and biting someone's face off with a demon snake is one of the coolest things I've ever done on screen.

Not to mention Mike Patton's voice acting.

is this a recent thing?

any links to information on such things would be handy (i cant stand the selection of songs anymore)

about a week ago or summin i think it was i was on. i just went into the downloads section of the store to have a look around to see if it was worth gettin it since i used to have the ps2 version...decided to wait for rockband or gh3..the song packs are overpriced

i think its just the same, with slightly better graphics (which will still of course be terrible o_O) and online mode, which is again not that special considering you can play a 2 player on 1 machine without split screen, and xbox live is shit. just paying an unneccesary ammount for the sake of nostalgia in my opinion, same with all the old games on live arcade (or whatever its called). but if you think its worth it then whatever

i think its just the same, with slightly better graphics (which will still of course be terrible o_O) and online mode, which is again not that special considering you can play a 2 player on 1 machine without split screen, and xbox live is shit. just paying an unneccesary ammount for the sake of nostalgia in my opinion, same with all the old games on live arcade (or whatever its called). but if you think its worth it then whatever

graphics don't mean shit. sensible world of soccer is the most playable game that has ever been created and captures more closely the fun and pace of a football match better than any fifa or pro evo game.

how is xbox live shit?

and murr: it's not a new one, it's the original amiga version of swos with some extra graphical tweaks(mainly in the crowd).

anyway, i'm looking forward to it immensly. yea it's mainly nostalgia but swos is my favourite game of all time so of course i'm going to be excited about playing it again.

graphics don't mean shit. sensible world of soccer is the most playable game that has ever been created and captures more closely the fun and pace of a football match better than any fifa or pro evo game.

how is xbox live shit?

and murr: it's not a new one, it's the original amiga version of swos with some extra graphical tweaks(mainly in the crowd).

anyway, i'm looking forward to it immensly. yea it's mainly nostalgia but swos is my favourite game of all time so of course i'm going to be excited about playing it again.

That sounds cracking tbh. I fired up the original version a couple of weeks ago... couldn't stop playing it. Honestly, who gives a fuck about graphics? The original version is still infinitely more fun than the latest FIFA releases...

hasn't aged that well. not quite as good as pro evolution...

That's a very silly comparison indeed.

why is it a silly comparison?

i know graphics are irrelevant with these old games, that was my point... why do you want to buy a version with slighly tweaked graphics? in my opinion, sensible soccer while it was one of my favourite games at the time, has not aged well and i don't see why you would want to play it over pro evolution (for example). and its not just because of the graphics... the whole physics of pro evolution are more complex and realistic than sensi, making the gameplay more fun. again this is my personal opinion, so i guess we can agree to disagree.

you can get the mega drive version (probably amiga version as well) for free from the internet. yes not really legal, but making money off obsolete video games is ridiculous... i owned the original at one point anyway. i just don't see why you'd want to pay (what is it, like a tenner?) for probably five minutes of nostalgia. but again if you think its worth it then go ahead, i was 'just saying'.

realistic physics do not make it more fun! that's my opinion anyway. and the amiga version shat on the megadrive version from a mighty height. it's a silly argument though because it's being released not to compete against pro evo and fifa but purely for the fans. there is a huge amount of gamers who spent an obscenely large amount of their young lives playing sensible soccer and destroying many a competition pro or zipstick joysticks and who wish to do so again.

graphics and physics have very little to do with the joy of putting together a sublime series of one touch passes and finishing off with a diving header from just outside the penalty box using only one button. yes it's nostalgic but it's also so stupidly simple that it will still stand the test of time when it's released on xbox live arcade(so long as they've not fucked it up like the new version last year).

realistic physics do not make it more fun! that's my opinion anyway. and the amiga version shat on the megadrive version from a mighty height. it's a silly argument though because it's being released not to compete against pro evo and fifa but purely for the fans. there is a huge amount of gamers who spent an obscenely large amount of their young lives playing sensible soccer and destroying many a competition pro or zipstick joysticks and who wish to do so again.

graphics and physics have very little to do with the joy of putting together a sublime series of one touch passes and finishing off with a diving header from just outside the penalty box using only one button. yes it's nostalgic but it's also so stupidly simple that it will still stand the test of time when it's released on xbox live arcade(so long as they've not fucked it up like the new version last year).

Absolutely spot on.

If SWOS was being designed as a "realistic football simulation" then comparing to PES would be all fine and dandy, but it's pretty much the total opposite (in fact, I reckon it has a closer resemblence to a game of pinball than a game of football). It's just simple, one-button fun and a great way to waste an hour or two.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Pro Evolution Soccer, but SWOS is a completely different kettle of fish.

Anyway, how ace was the manager mode?!

i've just played the Bioshock demo...WOW.

the graphics engine looks amazing.

and the gameplay so far is incredible as well. in true fashion of all the older system shock games.

new games rarely get me excited, but this looks like its going to be amazing.

I just played it too. It's stunning.

I've never seen so much cool ingame stuff happening in my life. The water effects are fantastic and the level of detail found throughout the environments is impressive too. You only get a basic introduction to the weapon systems, but from the video that demonstrates what you can do later in the game, there is plenty of creative killing to be done.

i've just played the Bioshock demo...WOW.

the graphics engine looks amazing.

and the gameplay so far is incredible as well. in true fashion of all the older system shock games.

new games rarely get me excited, but this looks like its going to be amazing.

I'v heard a lot of good things about this. I'v just moved house and getting me broadband on next friday, so all being well I should get a shot on this next week. I'v missed xbox live...............

I'v heard a lot of good things about this. I'v just moved house and getting me broadband on next friday, so all being well I should get a shot on this next week. I'v missed xbox live...............

somehow i am under the impression that it is already out or being released tomorrow...

i hope this game does well and justice to the classics like System Shock and Deus Ex (and Thief even). man, what another great game the latter was....