aberdeen-music

Tenants Rights etc

medichi

Having just moved to Glasgow and into rented accomodation for the first time in several years, I was after some advice - the washing machine here is EASILY 20 years old. We asked for it to be replaced before we moved in, but the landlord said no. It'snow done two loads and packed in - how loing is reasonable to wait for the landlord to fix it, and can I withold rent legally until he does?

Guest Steven Dedalus

If it is in the tenancy agreement, then you can withold rent until it is replaced. Your best option is to go to the citizen's advice bureau, who will be able to advice you on your rights.

I work on a consumer affairs radio programme, so this kind of thing is my bread and butter, so to speak.

Guest Steven Dedalus
classic!...

so your advice is, go and ask someone else advice.

nice one...can I apply for a job? (or should I ask someone else?)

he he

You've got me on that one....

You know me, if you phoned for consumer advice, and ended up speaking to me, would you take anything I said as gospel?

personally, I wouldn't.

With regards getting a job, I'd ask someone else, cos I'm too busy reading the forums on here every single day.