aberdeen-music

Micro Amps

mAYHEM

alrite folks,

just wanted a bit of feedback about those tiny marshall micro amps, are they worth buying just for practising in the house? or would i be better spending a bit more on something bigger?

ive just got into playing for the 2nd time, the first was many moons ago when oasis were underground, soon lost interest through not learning anything more than wonderwall!!!:swearing::swearing:

alrite folks,

just wanted a bit of feedback about those tiny marshall micro amps, are they worth buying just for practising in the house? or would i be better spending a bit more on something bigger?

ive just got into playing for the 2nd time, the first was many moons ago when oasis were underground, soon lost interest through not learning anything more than wonderwall!!!:swearing::swearing:

Hey is it the tiny ones that are battery powered you're talking about? Like the mico stacks? Clip onto your pocket?

x

Aye there are the singles or mini stacks for about 20 bucks, i think there batt and mains....

The other option was one of the small marshall's around 15-30W just something to get me started in the sub 50 range, ive got a lot of learning ahead of me before id appreciate a a good quality amp so not wanting to splash out!!! spent to much on guitar already.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well I've had lots of home practise amps, including one of these little Marshalls, but for me the Roland Microcube is the best.

Not only does it have decent tones and a few good onboard FX, it also runs on batteries which is ace. I use cheap rechargables out of Poundland on mine and they last for ages, save having to be near a plug or having to bother plugging it in. :up:

Guest DustyDeviada
The new little Orange Micro Crush is a LOT better than the mini Marshall. 29 and 3 watts. Built in chromatic tuner too :up:

The MicroCube from Roland is good too. 79

Have you had a chance to play with the Pocket Pods yet? Looked like quite a smart wee bit of kit when I saw them in R&B the other day.

Dusty and Hate are correct - the Roland Microcubes are excellent - I wouldn't part with mine (expect to see it advertised next week!).

Another option is the Boss Micro BR - I've got one of those for travelling and the sound quality is astounding.

BOSS MICRO BR Digital Recorder :: Overview

Diesel- you know anyone selling a micro BR?

I want one:P

x x x

i would say just buy something cheap for starting off, you can learn on anything as long as it works. just make sure it has overdrive on it, because you need to learn how to control it. i still use a stagg 10w amp to play at home. saying that i wouldn't mind a cornford harlequin, but i feel that may be a bit over the top...

i would say just buy something cheap for starting off, you can learn on anything as long as it works. just make sure it has overdrive on it, because you need to learn how to control it. i still use a stagg 10w amp to play at home. saying that i wouldn't mind a cornford harlequin, but i feel that may be a bit over the top...

You don't need to have overdrive at all.

Button, Knobs FX

well that was going to be my next question, should i get something with overdrive, effects etc. etc???

i was in RNB at luinch and there wee orange amps look decent?

any of guys had lessons from Dod Norval?? heard hes the dude like? anyone know prices per leeson??

well that was going to be my next question, should i get something with overdrive, effects etc. etc???

i was in RNB at luinch and there wee orange amps look decent?

any of guys had lessons from Dod Norval?? heard hes the dude like? anyone know prices per leeson??

Depends what type of music you'll be playing on you're guitar, with practice amps its sometimes an idea to get a cheap distortion pedal just to plug in. (Boss DS1 etc)

Effects aren’t so important and it would be a good idea to improve you’re overall playing before attempting to master effects. Although getting a simple digital effects processor can improve enjoyment and help you to try out new things. Something like a digitech RP80 can make playing a bit more interesting...

Some practice amps come with built in effects and drum loops, but they are normally really bad, so i would advise to stay clear of these.

For less than 100 you could pick up a half decent practice amp and a digital effects processor which would cover you’re distortion needs as well.

Guest DustyDeviada

I still think the Microcube would be ideal, it has good clean and distorted tones as well as a few basic onboard effects. Go and try one out at R&B or somewhere, I don't think you'll be disappointed.