aberdeen-music

Who here goes to kef?

GrUndl

Guest Neutral
kef is awfull. really bad. dirty, smelly and rough as fuck.

i try not to go there. good luck though you grevious bandstand of man loving.

Which kef do YOU go to? o_O

I go to Kef occassionally. Went in there on a weekend recently, and i was completely sober. . . You really notice how much of a shithole that place is when your sober.

There are some really arses there as well. Theres this one guy i see there occassionally who stole a lot of money from a friend of mine. . . Have had stuff stolen from there on two seperate occassions, and a friend had stuff nicked, which in turn ruins what would hav e been a good night.

Also, what the fuck are those steaming hot taps about? Either don't wash your hands or get second degree burns on those things. Next time I'm in there ill bring some bloody teabags and we can all drink tea in there.

I go to kef all the time and have done for years, I love the place, nights like jungle nation are some of the best in town and the staff are all pretty sound. Never had anything stolen, never had any problems with other people in there, it's generally a great club with good resident dj's and good regular nights like junglenation, jungle boogie and um-bungo putting on music you would struggle to find elsewhere in town.

Mind you I've never been to anything that happens there before 11pm, maybe you're talking about the lame underage guitar band gigs which they apparently put on in the earlier evening, which aren't representative of the place atall.

um-bungo putting on music you would struggle to find elsewhere in town.

Um-bungo night. Yeah, went to a couple of those and they were actually really good nights. Anyone know when the next um-bungo is? I seem to remember it being in the Tunnels also. . .

Some of the d'n'b i hear in kef makes me want to bash my head off the wall. (or stick my face under those stupidly hot taps).

Would be good to hear some more ambient d'n'b there. Or maybe some psytrance. I'd love to see Eat Static or System 7 in there :up:

Um-bungo night. Yeah, went to a couple of those and they were actually really good nights. Anyone know when the next um-bungo is? I seem to remember it being in the Tunnels also. . .

It's the first saturday of every month, they moved it to Kef because they were sick of the tunnels letting bands overplay / failing to get their shit off stage etc by 11. They had an artist over from canada to play once and they weren't able to start until after twelve, it was beyond a joke so they just sacked it off and moved it to kef after that.

• 2 weeks later...