aberdeen-music

Barfly Aberdeen?

GigAd

Funhouse on Fridays has always been about playing lost classics and retro gems. I DJ'd it a lot last year when Paul was on tour and there is a big market for it. Basically it provides something different to the other clubs in Glasgow, and at least you know the DJs know and care a lot about the music they're playing.

It was pretty dead on Friday. Maybe still the Glasgow Fair though

Plastic glasses are a result of a bye-law in Glasgow that states all city centre venues have to use them, it's not exclusive to the Barfly.
Maybe necessary in Glasgow?
Yes, Moshulu has been taken over by the Barfly people. Rob handed over the reins last week. It should be quite an exciting time in the months ahead. It's good that the people taking over have a commitment to the music scene and promoting alternatives to what the other venues in town are offering.
Will they spend any money doing the place up? Or at least getting rid of the stickiest carpet in the universe

what about bassment?

Both Places will be run by Barfly, same as when it was RFR, also both are keeping thier names as is. RFR is no more.

Only difference i think 'us downstairs' will be going through is a change in beers/spirits for the time being. I think the Barfly guys do have like long term plans for both venues, but i think for the time being everyone's just keen to get the place back up and functioning properly now its out of admin.

Oh and don't hold your breath about the sticky carpet, not in the immediate future anyway.

I guess it is a good thing. Although all the other Barfly venues are roughly 200-300 capacity, with Moshulu being 600. Also, i wonder if they are going to work alongside the Tunnels like RFR do, cos i know they contribute to a lot of the dates that the Tunnels book.

Both Places will be run by Barfly, same as when it was RFR, also both are keeping thier names as is. RFR is no more.

Only difference i think 'us downstairs' will be going through is a change in beers/spirits for the time being. I think the Barfly guys do have like long term plans for both venues, but i think for the time being everyone's just keen to get the place back up and functioning properly now its out of admin.

Oh and don't hold your breath about the sticky carpet, not in the immediate future anyway.

Lightbulbs first, carpet later. Waaaay.

Y'know, as much as we moan on an almost daily basis about the carpet, there's something quite endearing about it. I feel kinda attached to it (ho, ho) in a way. It'll be the best thing ever if they do get round to getting rid of it, but then we'll all sit around going "remember the carpet... ahhh, the carpet."

I may suggest to the Barfly men that, again, IF they take the carpet up, that we have some sort of bonfire with it. I imagine it'll be well attended. We should put on a buffet.

Or donate it to homeless alcoholics to lick.

Either way.

I guess it is a good thing. Although all the other Barfly venues are roughly 200-300 capacity, with Moshulu being 600. Also, i wonder if they are going to work alongside the Tunnels like RFR do, cos i know they contribute to a lot of the dates that the Tunnels book.

not really...the one in birmingham (if i remember right) is massive...at least the size of moshulu

Actually,

Their'll be a lot of work getting done in Moshulu in the next couple of months...

There'll be a new floor going in/decor will be getting freshened up/we'll be looking at air conditioning/PA/Lighting/in-house advertising/Piping/Dressing rooms etc...

The Bassment will also be getting a new menu and we'll be getting new beer taps put in and the drinks range extended.

Oh, and there'll be a fucking lot of gigs too.

Actually,

Their'll be a lot of work getting done in Moshulu in the next couple of months...

There'll be a new floor going in/decor will be getting freshened up/we'll be looking at air conditioning/PA/Lighting/in-house advertising/Piping/Dressing rooms etc...

The Bassment will also be getting a new menu and we'll be getting new beer taps put in and the drinks range extended.

Oh, and there'll be a fucking lot of gigs too.

Cool!:up::up: