aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand play Moshulu

where are sexy kids from and how did they get the support for franz ferdinand if they've only done a couple of shows beforehand? not that i'm saying they didn't deserve, it's just quite a big support for a new band. and i'm a little jealous. :)

Glasgow, they were asked by FF I'm presuming, seeing as they know each other. I'm not sure that 'deserving' it comes into the equation really, not a fan of the 'play loads of gigs and you'll get breaks!' school of thought. They were really good though, better than most bands who've played X amount more shows.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasgow, they were asked by FF I'm presuming, seeing as they know each other. I'm not sure that 'deserving' it comes into the equation really, not a fan of the 'play loads of gigs and you'll get breaks!' school of thought. They were really good though, better than most bands who've played X amount more shows.

ah fair enough then, i did think they'd take a glasgow band that they knew up with them.

where are sexy kids from and how did they get the support for franz ferdinand if they've only done a couple of shows beforehand? not that i'm saying they didn't deserve, it's just quite a big support for a new band. and i'm a little jealous. :)

Aye, they're all friends, but I think Patrick said Sexy Kids were only playing the Aberdeen date.

Franz like inviting their pals around, they did the same with 1990s :D

A band like that, in my opinion, aren't worth my time. However please note "in my opinion".

They just looked utterly bored and there material didnt sound to original, apart from that cool tune with the awkward drum beat.

A band like what, though? Strange that you were bothered by a band that didn't sound toO original, at a Franz Ferdinand gig...

A band like what, though? Strange that you were bothered by a band that didn't sound toO original, at a Franz Ferdinand gig...

The image, song structure, vocal melodies and overall songs I found unappealing. They also seemed to be deadly bored but its not a big deal, good luck to them and they've obviously started on the right foot to be getting to support franz ferdinand so early on in there careers.