aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand play Moshulu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh, sweet. this should be good fun. local support?

I reckon if they're only doing it in Scotland, they'll bring some friends from Glasgow to play.

I managed to get tickets on ticketweb, but date says 15 September not the 19th which is what FF have on their website????

I know, I was concerned about that, but if they're in Iceland on the 14th, I think Ticketweb's just made a mistake.

They're better in a smaller environment. I went down to see one of their wee shows in Glasgow last month and it was excellent. It was really good 'cos the crowd was made up of actual fans rather than people waiting for the "hits". The new songs are fantastic too. Much more synthy than before, but it works and you can see they're not just jumping on the resurrected synth bandwagon. Later attended the after-party where Bob, Andy, Alex and Nick were in attendance and an after after-party party at my friend's flat with Mr Kapranos. Spoke to him quite a bit, but nothing about Franz, mostly about his production of the Cribs' brilliant new album, he's genuinely one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Not at all an arrogant prick as you might expect!

In conclusion(!) I can't fucking wait :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Opinions on last night's performance?

I think I saw half of a song by the support band, I can't remember their name...

The new Franz Ferdinand songs sounded pretty cool, especially liking the squelchy 80's synth sounds and some snazzy Dancing Queen piano on one of the songs. There was that one that had the astro jazz middle bit, which didn't quite sound right.

Kapranos was wearing some pretty shiney shoes.

I wasn't too sure about all the guitar posturing and rawk cliches that were on display during the gig...

My friends Andy and Patrick are in Sexy Kids :( [www.myspace.com/sexierkids]

They're good, really, but they've only got a few songs and only played a few gigs together before as this group (Patrick, Roxanne and Gronald are in the Royal We and Andy used to be in Bricolage) and only agreed to support that day. Half an hour before the gig, I found out and did a happy-dance :D

Franz-wise: It was good hearing Turn It On again as it's friggen catchy as hell! And it's always nice to see big bands play small venues, especially if they really do well there like Franz do. I'm glad they've got to where they are though, they're one of those bands that definitely deserve it.