aberdeen-music

Oceansize @ Moshulu

Rob

• 1 month later...

No Homage to a Shame. :( -although they don't play that anymore? I don't know, that was the first time I'd seen the 'size. :(

I only got there at the end of their first song because of my friends wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of time pissing about in Kilau beforehand.

...but, I'll hopefully be at the London gig on the 17th, so, hopefully a longer set will be had.

yep they were shite. the frontman was a class A tosser

Yeah and they seemed to think that it was 1993/94/95 and that it was ok to rip off most of Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream and Silverchair's Frogstomp.

They weren't even passable.

Fortune Drive were pretty tight but they were like Bloc Party without the good bits or hooks. I don't know who organised the supports for the tour, and i know Hopesfall pulled out pretty last minute, but they clearly have no idea what they're doing. I enjoy eclectic line-ups but there was no linking factor in any of the bands last night other than the fact that they all played musical instruments.

Oceansize were really good though.

Bizarrely the guy handing out wrist bands on the door refused to give me one, because i didn't have ID. I'm bloody 27, there is no way on god's earth, by any stretch of the imagination, that i look under 18 (or even 21 for that matter). I know he's "only doing his job" before someone says it, but what a cock.

Bizarrely the guy handing out wrist bands on the door refused to give me one, because i didn't have ID. I'm bloody 27, there is no way on god's earth, by any stretch of the imagination, that i look under 18 (or even 21 for that matter). I know he's "only doing his job" before someone says it, but what a cock.

that's strange cos the guy at the door just asked me what year i was born and no id was needed.